Windows 10: Has anyone encountered an issue, where after turning on the system, sleep mode will not...

Discus and support Has anyone encountered an issue, where after turning on the system, sleep mode will not... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. In particular, after turning on my system, I would be able to get my PC sleep on the first time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vudl, Nov 24, 2019.

1. vudl Win User

Has anyone encountered an issue, where after turning on the system, sleep mode will not...

I've been having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. In particular, after turning on my system, I would be able to get my PC sleep on the first time I would set my PC to sleep. However, after waking up my PC and setting to sleep the second time, the PC would not sleep. On the second sleep time w/o shutting down the PC completely, the PC would stay on for at least 2 minutes before shutting down completely, instead of sleep, like it should.

My question is, what solution(s) exist for solving this problem? In other words, I want my PC to be able to sleep, every time I set it to sleep, rather than only being able to get my computer to sleep 50% of the time.

:)

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 24, 2019
  3. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Has anyone encountered an issue, where after turning on the system, sleep mode will not...

Issues with the Sleep mode and Hibernate in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I see that even if you are placing the PC in sleep mode or hibernate mode the PC will turn back On after some time. This might be due to the corruption in Power management settings.

I would suggest you to disconnect the TV from computer and check if the issue persists. If the issue does not persists then you can move further with the below troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Has anyone encountered an issue, where after turning on the system, sleep mode will not...

1. Has anyone encountered an issue, where after turning on the system, sleep mode will not... - Similar Threads - Has anyone encountered

2. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  3. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  4. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issues with turning off display and sleep mode

Issues with turning off display and sleep mode: Hi I have a brand new Asus VivoBook laptop and the display is not turning off and the computer is not going to sleep for the times I've set. I've tried the Power troubleshooter, restoring Balanced plan to defaults, and turning off fast start up with no success. The screen...
  6. Sound issues after Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after Sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a problem with my Sound after my PC awakes from Sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time but rather irregularly. Still annoying tho because I have to reboot each time it happens. After I awake my computer the Sound icon is displayed in my systray with a...
  7. background colors turned yellow. Has anyone encountered this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    background colors turned yellow. Has anyone encountered this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sh1r0_Vx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epdykt/background_colors_turned_yellow_has_anyone/
  8. Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.

Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.: I was able to fix this after a few hours of searching and watching videos. All I needed to do was to type in "create a restore point" in the search bar. From there I was able to restore the PC to a point before the problem began. I had to do it twice because Malwarebytes...
  9. Has anyone encountered this issue with the bluetooth in build 1709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone encountered this issue with the bluetooth in build 1709: Hi Guys I have an Atheros QUALCOMM Bluetooth adapter on my laptop and I found after a long time that this method works. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. The problem is this: 1) pair speaker using Bluetooth successfully using the settings>Devices>Bluetooth...
  10. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....