Windows 10: Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?

Discus and support Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Dell Latitude laptop I've used the app on my child's account, but it doesn't show up in App activity. Same happened for Chrome, so I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rupunzlkim, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?

Windows 10

Dell Latitude laptop

I've used the app on my child's account, but it doesn't show up in App activity. Same happened for Chrome, so I wasn't able to block that either and had to uninstall it. But my child will need access to the camera from time to time as well as my other child needs access, so I need to be able to block it when necessary, but the app doesn't list on either App & Game limits page or on Activity, so I can't see any way to block it. Also, I haven't seen any way to block a process, so can't prevent it that way either.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? I like most aspects of family safety, but website blocking doesn't work, so I have to use whitelisting instead 9which does appear to work, and the whole App limits component doesn't seem to work well either, but I don't have an alternative method to use for that.

:)

Rupunzlkim, Apr 12, 2020

2. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 12, 2020
  4. some user Win User

Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?

Microsoft Family Safety app blocking not reliable

Answering my own question here. It seems it has something to do with the fact that the app is already "owned". And therefore one can uninstall and reinstall and the Family Safety cannot block it. There is also no way to "un-own" an app.

The only way that I am aware is to Block Windows Store (also an App) altogether. That way, Uninstalled Apps cannot be reinstalled.

some user, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?

1. Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety? - Similar Threads - Has anyone figured

2. Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?: Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023? i keep getting an error code 0x80D02017 when trying to download it from the website and the microsoft store just keeps saying theres a problem on thier end and to try again....
  3. Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?: Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023? i keep getting an error code 0x80D02017 when trying to download it from the website and the microsoft store just keeps saying theres a problem on thier end and to try again....
  4. Sign out - Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign out - Family Safety: I have problem with sign out. Unfortunately, I am create account with randomly 23.07.2020. date of birth and Microsoft recognize this like I am 2 years old and automatically turn on Family Safety. When I sign in on Outlook my Windows account is linked with this account and I...
  5. Family safety blocking roblox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety blocking roblox.: i opened roblox not from microsoft store, the one from roblox.com and when updating roblox bar was full there was an error messange "An error occured while starting roblox. details: unable to open file for writing: C:\Users\Antoś\Appdata\local\roblox\downloads\.part. The...
  6. Family Safety website blocking

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety website blocking: Hi, The web browsing blocking for individual websites is not working in the family safety application. I believe it may be because the app is adding the scheme informationhttps twice. You can see this by adding a site and clicking or mousing over the link it adds. Below is a...
  7. Family Safety - my child has figured out how to Circumvent the Family Safety controls

Family Safety - my child has figured out how to Circumvent the Family Safety controls: My 10 year old is circumventing the Family Saftey controls altogether. What he does is reboots his laptop and right as soon as his PC is booting up, he is clicking on the applications that I have blocked in Family Safety. By clicking on these icons repeatedly right on...
  8. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work: I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there...
  9. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...: I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task is disabled. I...
  10. Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?: Hi, So I did that major update for Windows 10 a few days ago and now I can't play games. I am trying to play FFVII (an emulation of the original PlayStation one). It was working fine and I was having a lot of fun with it until this update came along. I updated my graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family safety unblocking camera