Windows 10: Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

Discus and support Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Running windows 11.When I connect to my router never gives me the option to choose private network. It doesn't have an internet connection. When I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kristopher Georghiou, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

Running windows 11.When I connect to my router never gives me the option to choose private network. It doesn't have an internet connection. When I go into "manage known networks" and click on the network I'm connected to it does not display the option to choose public or private. When I Hotspot my phone to my PC I get the option to choose private and it works no problem. I've tried restarting the modem, computer, updating network adapter driver, updating the computer. Not sure if there's a way to force any wifi connections into being on a private network, that would help solve this problem. An

:)

Kristopher Georghiou, Mar 3, 2024
  2. AndreTen Win User

Network property keeps changing between public and private

Try with Group policy editor (Start, type gpedit and hit Enter)

Set properties for key
    shown in picture below. There should also be a way to do this in registry.

Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option... 172415d1515872700t-network-property-keeps-changing-between-public-private-image.png

AndreTen, Mar 3, 2024
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows HomeGroups and Xfinity Private Networks

Hi Gene,

Thank you for sharing the outcome when you followed the steps on how to create a HomeGroup. Please follow these steps to change the network profile to Private:

• Left click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right side of the screen, near the clock.
    • Left click on Properties below your network name.
    • Under Network profile, change it to Private.
    • Create a HomeGroup again.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Mar 3, 2024
  4. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 3, 2024
Thema:

Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

1. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option... - Similar Threads - Has anyone figured

2. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...: Running windows 11.When I connect to my router never gives me the option to choose private network. It doesn't have an internet connection. When I go into "manage known networks" and click on the network I'm connected to it does not display the option to choose public or...
  3. Change network to private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change network to private: Hi, I desperately need some help. My pc is connected through an ethernet cable, and my network is set to public network. I cant for the life of me seem to set it to a private network. Ive looked for hours to find how to change it but it just wont work. In Advanced sharing...
  4. Network Connection Properties keeps changing from Private to Public

Network Connection Properties keeps changing from Private to Public: Windows 10 Professional on numerous computers at different locations has been changing on its own to a Public Network Connection. This causes issues with network shares, etc. I change them back to Private then 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, no way to know, and they change back...
  5. Private internet network properties

Private internet network properties: Though I have disabled the automatic connect to a certain network, the pc keeps connecting to it automatically. In the properties of the network the button for automatic connect appears disabled...
  6. How to change public network to private

How to change public network to private: My wife's laptop jumped into public network mode yesterday for no known reason. I remember that it happened to my desktop last year, and I found instructions online showing how to change it back. So yesterday we searched online and she found the secpol.msc method. I...
  7. How to change public network to private

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change public network to private: My wife's laptop jumped into public network mode yesterday for no known reason. I remember that it happened to my desktop last year, and I found instructions online showing how to change it back. So yesterday we searched online and she found the secpol.msc method. I...
  8. Option to change network from Public to Private missing

Option to change network from Public to Private missing: I've spent the past several hours trying to figure out how to change my network from Public to Private, but every single source I find is clearly outdated. I've attempted to do this on both a wifi connection on my laptop as well as a wired connection on my brand new desktop,...
  9. change network (WiFi) to private

change network (WiFi) to private: How to change public network (WiFi) to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/change-network-wifi-to-private/10b6dbc8-f863-41b9-8f26-701ddb910a55
  10. Network property keeps changing between public and private

Network property keeps changing between public and private: This is really frustrating with Microsoft. The Network used to be stable and reliable, but it is not anymore. We have several PCs in the house and some are hardwired and some are on wifi. They used to be accessible on a private network which was set in every PC. For a...