Windows 10: Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"...

Discus and support Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've noticed other posts for this question that are more than 4 years old, and none seem to have an answer. My Windows Update keeps reinstalling a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Biff_Steel, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"...

I've noticed other posts for this question that are more than 4 years old, and none seem to have an answer. My Windows Update keeps reinstalling a completely wrong graphics driver for my system, directly after I download the CORRECT ones from the AMD website itself each month or so when there's an update available. It completely glitches my AMD Radeon settings page, forcing me to completely re-install the AMD graphics drivers again, which only makes Windows Update try to REINSTALL THE COMPLETELY WRONG DRIVER again. As the "wushowhide.diagcab" does not work anymore it may work on yours, but it definitely doesn't work on mine so I don't wanna hear about, "...oh just download the wushowhide troubleshooter..." no, it DOESN'T work, the link for it on the Microsoft website rings up a 404 error, I need a way to make Windows Update STOP downloading and reinstalling a COMPLETELY WRONG DRIVER every time I update the correct one.

This is driving me crazy, and it's already a very short ride. Please help

:)

Biff_Steel, Feb 28, 2021

2. AMD External events client module stopped working

Hi Jignesh,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I recommend you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it helps.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2: To remove AMD External Events service Module from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.

• Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program.
    • Look for AMD External Events in the list of available programs.
    • Click Uninstall.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"...

1. Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"... - Similar Threads - Has anyone figured

2. AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I have a problem with my gaming laptop for the past month and it is related to the graphics driver. I am currently using an external monitor so that I can use this machine as I have problems with its monitor.I checked the Device Manager and I see that the graphics for my...
  3. AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I have a problem with my gaming laptop for the past month and it is related to the graphics driver. I am currently using an external monitor so that I can use this machine as I have problems with its monitor.I checked the Device Manager and I see that the graphics for my...
  4. Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?

Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?: Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023? i keep getting an error code 0x80D02017 when trying to download it from the website and the microsoft store just keeps saying theres a problem on thier end and to try again....
  5. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Anyone smart enough to figure this out??: Can't access my win10 PC. Says I need to setup pin. I click that and it says I can't set it up because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I tried both wifi and ethernet. Network says I'm connected however I still get this error. I tried safe...
  6. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone smart enough to figure this out??: Can't access my win10 PC. Says I need to setup pin. I click that and it says I can't set it up because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I tried both wifi and ethernet. Network says I'm connected however I still get this error. I tried safe...
  7. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

8. Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?: Hi, So I did that major update for Windows 10 a few days ago and now I can't play games. I am trying to play FFVII (an emulation of the original PlayStation one). It was working fine and I was having a lot of fun with it until this update came along. I updated my graphics...
  9. Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?: Windows 10 Dell Latitude laptop I've used the app on my child's account, but it doesn't show up in App activity. Same happened for Chrome, so I wasn't able to block that either and had to uninstall it. But my child will need access to the camera from time to time as well...
  10. Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates: This is driving me mad. I have been using Windows 10 on my main computer since April. Since July 29th I have installed Windows 10 on my children's and Grandchildren's computers, for a total of 4 different PCs running Windows 10. Is there anyway to just get updates...