Windows 10: Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

Discus and support Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So I did that major update for Windows 10 a few days ago and now I can't play games. I am trying to play FFVII (an emulation of the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TrentonConnector, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

Hi,

So I did that major update for Windows 10 a few days ago and now I can't play games. I am trying to play FFVII (an emulation of the original PlayStation one). It was working fine and I was having a lot of fun with it until this update came along. I updated my graphics drivers and it didn't change anything.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

submitted by /u/TrentonConnector
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TrentonConnector, Jul 3, 2020

2. Has anyone figured out how to record in League of Legends using Game DVR?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

You might be facing this issue due to an corrupted display driver. I suggest you to update the display and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key +R, type
    devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.

b) Expand Display Drivers, click on the driver.

c) Click on Properties, click on Driver tab.

d) Click on Update Driver.

e) Restart the system.

Method 2:

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Playing Old Dos Games

I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

sparker781, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

Has anyone figured out how to stop the sign in pop ups when playing the card games on Windows 10?

I have windows 10. I like to play the card games that were in the original download. I don't want to keep track of my scores to impress anyone. I just want to play the game and nothing else. It keeps asking me to sign in and I say play as guest and check
    the box that says don't ask me this again. It still does and after the last update now I get a big screen that pops up in the middle of my game to ask me to sign in to xbox. How do I stop this, I don't want a computer running my life. I've read everything
    else people have asked and the answers they were given and none of the answers really address the question. Has anyone actually gotten an answer to the question "how do we stop the sign in pop ups"?

BREEHARGROVE, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

1. Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update? - Similar Threads - Has Anyone Figured

2. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...: Running windows 11.When I connect to my router never gives me the option to choose private network. It doesn't have an internet connection. When I go into "manage known networks" and click on the network I'm connected to it does not display the option to choose public or...
  3. Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?

Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?: Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023? i keep getting an error code 0x80D02017 when trying to download it from the website and the microsoft store just keeps saying theres a problem on thier end and to try again....
  4. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Anyone smart enough to figure this out??: Can't access my win10 PC. Says I need to setup pin. I click that and it says I can't set it up because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I tried both wifi and ethernet. Network says I'm connected however I still get this error. I tried safe...
  5. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone smart enough to figure this out??: Can't access my win10 PC. Says I need to setup pin. I click that and it says I can't set it up because I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. I tried both wifi and ethernet. Network says I'm connected however I still get this error. I tried safe...
  6. Anyone smart enough to figure this out??

7. Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone figured out how to make Windows Update stop reinstalling the "AMD RadeonTM"...: I've noticed other posts for this question that are more than 4 years old, and none seem to have an answer. My Windows Update keeps reinstalling a completely wrong graphics driver for my system, directly after I download the CORRECT ones from the AMD website itself each month...
  8. Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Has anyone figured out how to block the Camera app in Family Safety?: Windows 10 Dell Latitude laptop I've used the app on my child's account, but it doesn't show up in App activity. Same happened for Chrome, so I wasn't able to block that either and had to uninstall it. But my child will need access to the camera from time to time as well...
  9. How to figure out the best gaming resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out the best gaming resolution: I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%. I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out? I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like...
  10. Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates: This is driving me mad. I have been using Windows 10 on my main computer since April. Since July 29th I have installed Windows 10 on my children's and Grandchildren's computers, for a total of 4 different PCs running Windows 10. Is there anyway to just get updates...