Windows 10: Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar?

Discus and support Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Just built a new pc and I've been spending some time getting rid of all the junk that came with Windows. Couldn't find a solution online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oddgert, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar?

/u/Oddgert, Feb 23, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

search bar at the top of my screen

Hi Kathy

Do you have a web search bar stick to the top of your Desktop, that stays on top of everything?

If so it is one of 2 search bars, the usual culprit is Web Bar, but that may lao be a Google search bar . .

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Scroll down to find Wb. exe - on the right it should say Web Bar in the Description - if you don't find that also look for a google bar

Right click that and choose 'End Task'

Does that get rid of this annoyance?

If so, go to Control Panel - Programs and Features

Scroll to the bottom of the list of installed Apps, then find and Uninstall Web Bar

DaveM121, Feb 23, 2020
  3. cannot get rid of search bar

Hi,

can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!!

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar? [​IMG]

xoxoemzxoxo, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar?

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar?

1. Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar? - Similar Threads - Has anyone found

2. Has anyone found a way of getting rid of the ENORMOUS volume notification bar that appears...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone found a way of getting rid of the ENORMOUS volume notification bar that appears...: So that wonderful lifesaver HideVolumeOSD stopped working today, Oct 16, 2023. It's a sad day in the Win10 world. Did it stop working with other OS's? I did notice that if you use the Volume Mixer directly that huge icon doesn't appear. But it's far more convenient using the...
  3. Has anyone found a way of getting rid of the ENORMOUS volume notification bar that appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone found a way of getting rid of the ENORMOUS volume notification bar that appears...: So that wonderful lifesaver HideVolumeOSD stopped working today, Oct 16, 2023. It's a sad day in the Win10 world. Did it stop working with other OS's? I did notice that if you use the Volume Mixer directly that huge icon doesn't appear. But it's far more convenient using the...
  4. Has anyone found a way of getting rid of the ENORMOUS volume notification bar that appears...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Anyone got any idea how to get red of the search bar on the top. Also, the chromium app...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone got any idea how to get red of the search bar on the top. Also, the chromium app...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/abhishek_soni1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2182k/anyone_got_any_idea_how_to_get_red_of_the_search/
  6. Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Monado_trap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqafl1/anyone_know_to_get_rid_of_the_top_and_bottom_bars/
  7. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?: I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps" across the top of the screen. These certainly aren't my top applications, but even if they were, I wouldn't want this in a...
  8. Search Bar At Top of Desktop How Do i get rid of?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar At Top of Desktop How Do i get rid of?: Ok this is really annoying. I restarted my computer twice. Even when tabs arent open it does this and I dont know how it happened but I want it gone and I cannot find any damn thing that tells me how to remove. Right clicking, dragging, etc. all tried that. How the hell do i...
  9. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...
  10. cannot get rid of search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot get rid of search bar: Hi, can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!! [img] 46807