Windows 10: Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021?

Discus and support Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden, my printers have stopped 'talking' to my PC. I have a Cannon, HP and a Brother and they have ALL stopped functioning at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RiverSlaney, May 15, 2021.

1. Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021?

All of a sudden, my printers have stopped 'talking' to my PC. I have a Cannon, HP and a Brother and they have ALL stopped functioning at the same time! I didn't have them all installed at once - I initially had the HP one installed, but when that failed I removed all drivers and software and installed the Brother and the Cannon ones to check if the problem was with the printer or the PC I have followed many instructions from HP, but none seem to make a difference, so I'm sure it must be Windows that is causing the problem. It started with a few messages, such as 'Prin

:)

RiverSlaney, May 15, 2021

2. printer issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2021
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 15, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021?

Wireless Printer Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter and.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the available drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021?

1. Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021? - Similar Threads - Has anyone printer

2. Has anyone else had issues after installing KB5027219 with Microsoft PDF Printer issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else had issues after installing KB5027219 with Microsoft PDF Printer issues?: We have updated the driver for MS PDF Printer. uninstalled the windows update, and it works. Then, update auto runs again and it breaks the MS PDF Printer again. Manually, set up the MS PDF Printer and it works for a while, then fails. This is on MS Server 2016...
  3. Has anyone else had issues after installing KB5027219 with Microsoft PDF Printer issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else had issues after installing KB5027219 with Microsoft PDF Printer issues?: We have updated the driver for MS PDF Printer. uninstalled the windows update, and it works. Then, update auto runs again and it breaks the MS PDF Printer again. Manually, set up the MS PDF Printer and it works for a while, then fails. This is on MS Server 2016...
  4. Has anyone had any issues after applying KB5027215?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone had any issues after applying KB5027215?: So far we have experienced:1. Adobe Reader 32-bit stopped working. Couldn't launch program or open any pdfs. No errors and nothing in Event Viewer Installed 64-bit version and all ok.2. IE Compatibility mode in Edge failing. Receiving message 'To open this page in Internet...
  5. Has anyone had any issues after applying KB5027215?

Has anyone had any issues after applying KB5027215?: So far we have experienced:1. Adobe Reader 32-bit stopped working. Couldn't launch program or open any pdfs. No errors and nothing in Event Viewer Installed 64-bit version and all ok.2. IE Compatibility mode in Edge failing. Receiving message 'To open this page in Internet...
  6. Has anyone had any issues after applying KB5027215?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. had to uninstall windows 11 due to screen flickering has anyone else had this issue My...

had to uninstall windows 11 due to screen flickering has anyone else had this issue My...: had to uninstall windows 11 due to screen flickering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/had-to-uninstall-windows-11-due-to-screen/7f834a4e-1827-43d6-ae4e-a20105adc278
  8. Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?: I feel like the starting menu does not suit. When I had these issues, it was the transition from 1909 to the 2004/20h2 upgrade. When I disabled the Cortana in the Reg Editor, the issue went away. Since it wasn't just the start menu, it wouldn't open the calendar often and I...
  9. Has anyone ever had this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone ever had this problem?: [ATTACH] My work laptop is docked and has a i7-4700MQ and when I start it up after being powered off the max speed I can get is around 2.5GHz. It will stay like this until I put it to sleep and wake it up. The it'll run at 3.4GHz like it's suppose to. Has anyone had this...
  10. has anyone had this happen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    has anyone had this happen?: Hi My sons laptop runs Windows 10. when he started it the other day this came up, your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we"re just collecting some error info and the we will restart for you. for more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit...