Windows 10: Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting...

Discus and support Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Honestly i've been researching the internet for 3 days now, trying to figure this problem out. Tried absolutely everything to the point that i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/betegabruh, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting...

Honestly i've been researching the internet for 3 days now, trying to figure this problem out. Tried absolutely everything to the point that i'm actually tired from this process.

I'm trying to change ProgramData, but the folder keeps reverting to 'read-only' everytime. I've tried changing permissions, cmd commands, third party programs, etc...

Each and every thing that's out on the internet was attempted. I'm trying to install a VST called Omnisphere which i've had installed before and it was all good. The problem consists in an error message like "folder is not writtable"

If ANYONE can tell me a solution for this i'll be forever graceful.

submitted by /u/betegabruh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/betegabruh, Dec 16, 2020
  2. sjackson Win User

Folder Reverting to Read Only

I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder and go into properties and take it off read-only and apply the changes, when I go back into properties the folder in question is back on read-only. I have googled this problem multiple times. So all of the basic things that I can try, have been tried. I'll list them below.

Both CMD with Admin Privileges
    attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

attrib -r -s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

Example Images: Not my system, the images are examples but I did the aforementioned and still no result.

Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting... [​IMG]

Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting... [​IMG]

CMD with Full Admin Privileges

attrib -r "full path of folder\*" /s /d

Powershell: With full Admin Privileges

Get-ChildItem -Path "full path of file with extension" -Recurse -File | % { $_.IsReadOnly=$False }

If there is anything else that I can try to get these folders off Read-Only. Please give me a detailed set of instructions that even a layman like myself can understand. Thanks in advance!

sjackson, Dec 16, 2020
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

for convenience I attach the google translation

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Steven Win User

Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting...

Folder keeps reverting to read-only

Every time I un-check the "read-only" attribute on a folder it automatically reverts the changes I've made.

I tried taking full control of the folder as the administrator and as users and I've also tried using "attrib -r +s drive:\\" in run but it doesnt seem to work.

How can I change the file to read only and keep it from changing back?
    (I'm on windows 10 Home)

Steven , Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting...

1. Has anyone here EVER managed to revert "read only" status on folders that keeep reverting... - Similar Threads - Has anyone here

2. Folder attributes keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder attributes keep reverting to read only: The title says it all - I installed an old game, and when I tried to save a game, I found that I couldn't. I checked the folder settings, and they said read only. I tried to uncheck it, but it keeps reverting. The option to only make the change to the folder itself is...
  3. Folder reverts back to read-only

Folder reverts back to read-only: I've tried many methods to try and set my folder to not "read-only". I've attempted to manually change the attribute by running the command prompt as administrator with the command: "attrib -R C:\ATLauncher". I'm not sure if I have written this command correctly, but it did...
  4. files reverting to read only?

files reverting to read only?: I keep having a problem where my game files are set to read-only and I can't save, when I try to stop the files from being read only throuth the normal means just deselecting the option it will revert to being read only as soon as I exit the tab. How do I solve this?...
  5. Reverting to read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverting to read only: I've set all permissions to full control. I'm the administrator. Nope, still read only. Yes it's the little black box that means nothing in the properties. Very intuitive design, 10/10. Also the virus and threat protection doesn't even show Ransomware protecc for controlled...
  6. My folders keep reverting to read only

My folders keep reverting to read only: Every time i uncheck read only it just goes back to read only after a few mins this means i cant play any games on steam as it keeps telling me the folder is read only please help...
  7. Folders keep reverting to read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders keep reverting to read-only: Hi all, Not sure if this is the place to get help, but couldn't think where else to go. As the title says, every time I change a folder's settings to read-write, it reverts to read-only. My account is an admin account and I've changed all my disks to read write with the...
  8. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...
  9. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...
  10. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only: My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message: Error Applying Attributes An error...