Windows 10: Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference?

Discus and support Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Honestly, this feature is more of a bother than anything else. But I'm trying to figure out how to tweak or mod the taskbar to actually be useful for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yahentamitsi, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference?

Honestly, this feature is more of a bother than anything else. But I'm trying to figure out how to tweak or mod the taskbar to actually be useful for what I need.

submitted by /u/Yahentamitsi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yahentamitsi, Mar 4, 2023

2. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic content throughout the day. This article discusses how to show or Hide News and Interests in the taskbar. As News and Interests is just a taskbar feature, you can either hide it or configure it to show the icon only.

Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference? 0a43dc48-c907-484c-8806-0b4fd8f16148?upload=true.jpg

Disable News and Interests on Windows 10

To enable or Disable News and Interests in the taskbar, see the steps below:

1. Right-click the Taskbar on the desktop.
    2. Click News and Interests.
    3. Select Turn off from the list of options.
    4. If you want an icon only related to weather, select show Icon only.

Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference? bba8d0b5-2fcb-4a94-aa45-3af7a0fab8f7?upload=true.png

These steps can help you disable News and Interests on the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Mar 4, 2023
  3. iTsFx Win User
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the weather information not showing on the News and Interests taskbar in Windows 10. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the weather settings in News and Interests: Right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and select "Weather settings." Make sure that the "Show weather on taskbar" option is enabled.

Check your location settings: Make sure that your location is set correctly in your Windows settings. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region and check that your current location is set correctly.

Check the News and Interests app version: Make sure that you have the latest version of the News and Interests app installed. You can check for updates by clicking on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and selecting "Check for updates."

Clear the cache of the News and Interests app: To do this, right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and select "News and Interests settings." Scroll down to the "Clear data" section and select "Clear."

Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve the issue.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to try resetting the News and Interests app or even reinstalling it entirely. To do this, right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar, select "News and Interests settings," and then select "Reset" or "Uninstall." If you're still having issues, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

iTsFx, Mar 4, 2023
  4. klepp0906 Win User

Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference?

Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

ah, very good information thank you! In my case, I ultimately want to use edgedeflector, at least for now. I just wanted to know how to recover should I change my mind and now I do Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference? :)

The one issue it created as I mentioned was surrounding brave. I cant manage my interests without it opening in edge so having my cake and eating it too seemed impossible.

Something that was suggested to me (that I admittedly havent gotten around to yet as its small potatoes but "should" potentially work) is disguising brave (or your preferred browser) user agent as edge for msn.com or whatever the url is that manage news & interests calls for.

klepp0906, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference?

1. Has anyone managed to tweak the News and Interests taskbar to their preference? - Similar Threads - Has anyone managed

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  5. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  6. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  7. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  8. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  9. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  10. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...