Windows 10: Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently?

Discus and support Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whoasked146 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whoasked146, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently?

/u/whoasked146, Nov 19, 2022
  2. OzGaffer Win User

Can't copy from Win10 taskbar icon's recently used file list?

Just noticed that in Win10 I don't have the option to copy a file from a taskbar icon's most recently used list, whereas I could in Win7.

For Example, let's say you have Word pinned to the taskbar. I recently created a doc called HeyThere.doc. When I right click on the Word icon on the taskbar, I see HeyThere.doc in the most recently used file list for Word. In Win7, I could right click
    on HeyThere.doc and I'd have a "Copy" action available - in Windows 10 that is missing.

Is there something I need to do to enable this extremely helpful shortcut or will I have to take the extra steps of opening the folder, finding the file that needs to be copied, and then selecting it from there? Hopefully it's the former and not the later.

Thanks!

OzGaffer, Nov 19, 2022
  3. Extra File explorer icon in Taskbar

Thanks. I cannot find Start Menu - Windows System - All Apps list. the closest I can find is this.

Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently? [​IMG]

The start menu does not have File explorer or All apps listed. This

Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently? [​IMG]

is the situation I described above. The red arrow shows the pinned icon and the blue arrow shows the one that starts when I select the pinned icon.

Tharwatime, Nov 19, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently?

1. Has anyone noticed the extra 'brightness' around the taskbar icons recently? - Similar Threads - Has anyone noticed

2. Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...: So first of all, my Windows Version is 22H2, OS Build 19045.3086. I am running on Windows 10 and trying to get back the default windows 10 icon for file explorer. Also, on the taskbar, it shows the default file icon but when i search up on windows search, it shows the windows...
  3. Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...: So first of all, my Windows Version is 22H2, OS Build 19045.3086. I am running on Windows 10 and trying to get back the default windows 10 icon for file explorer. Also, on the taskbar, it shows the default file icon but when i search up on windows search, it shows the windows...
  4. Recently, I've been messing around with my windows 10 file explorer icon and I noticed that...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone had printer issues around May 2021?: All of a sudden, my printers have stopped 'talking' to my PC. I have a Cannon, HP and a Brother and they have ALL stopped functioning at the same time! I didn't have them all installed at once - I initially had the HP one installed, but when that failed I removed all...
  6. Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?: I feel like the starting menu does not suit. When I had these issues, it was the transition from 1909 to the 2004/20h2 upgrade. When I disabled the Cortana in the Reg Editor, the issue went away. Since it wasn't just the start menu, it wouldn't open the calendar often and I...
  7. How to make taskbar icons extra small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make taskbar icons extra small?: [ATTACH] I want to squeeze even more icons on my taskbar and make it even smaller then now. (See pic) https://preview.redd.it/ifpcqhm3xav51.png?width=59&format=png&auto=webp&s=31a20485fa25c8ba62f1aadb279c7f9db7efbe36 I am using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to be able to resize...
  8. notice baterry icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    notice baterry icon on taskbar: please help, how about the battery have appears on the task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notice-baterry-icon-on-taskbar/0fa767df-e643-44bd-b28b-21ae71b76701
  9. Has anyone noticed Windows built-in IVEv2 is not working?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone noticed Windows built-in IVEv2 is not working?: I have reinstalled windows 2 times and it has not fixed the issue. IKEv2 connects but my IP and location does not change. Is anyone else having this issue? The other protocols work fine. my VPN tells me that either my ISP blocks IKE (which doesnt make sense given it...
  10. Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated: At least for me anyway mail app now shows live messages on the tile and under options one can turn off conversation mode. [img] [img] 22102