Windows 10: Has anyone received the early 2021 Harmon Kardin Invoke firmware update.

Discus and support Has anyone received the early 2021 Harmon Kardin Invoke firmware update. in Cortana to solve the problem; It is late February 2021, and we haven't received the firmware update for our Invoke speaker. Has anyone in the community received the update? What is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EricAllsop, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Has anyone received the early 2021 Harmon Kardin Invoke firmware update.

It is late February 2021, and we haven't received the firmware update for our Invoke speaker. Has anyone in the community received the update? What is the path forward if we never receive it?

:)

EricAllsop, Feb 24, 2021

2. Harmon Invoke

Is Microsoft working on adding skills to Harmon Invoke Cortona?

The reason I am nervous is I bought one but am afraid regardless of where Microsoft is placed in this market, they seem to lose the PR and advertisement battle. For example, smart devices that have been in people's home rather than new ones are ADT or other
    security service. Are they going to add those to skills. There pool of skills seems extremely lagging, and unless they both increase that and use TV ads as Alexa and Google and probably later on Apple will do, they will lose the market. I hate to see now that
    they do not have a phone base due to lack on advertisement, they lose this battle too. Microsoft makes some best products but the has worst ever marketing strategy (except for Surface) lags way behind Apple's, Google's, and now Alexa. The reasons are simple,
    no advertisement on TV, or a little advertisement and then dropping the ball. The evidence is the following to show one can come from behind or lose the front seat.

1- They arrived earlier than anyone in smart phones but lost to Apple's PR.

2- They arrived at the same time as Alexa, but look how they caught up and surpassed Google and Harmon Invoke.

3- And the last one for Microsoft, they started from behind but caught up with Surface devices.

ArvinFarid, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Switching music accounts on the Harmon Kardon Invoke

Do you have to go through the set-up process again to switch music accounts on the Harmon Kardon invoke ?

AManWithADream, Feb 24, 2021
  4. bilbo3558 Win User

Has anyone received the early 2021 Harmon Kardin Invoke firmware update.

The 2020 May Update has changed the way the Harmon Kardon Invoke speaker is initialized

The 2020 May Update has changed the way the Harmon Kardon Invoke speaker is initialized.

Now there is an app in the Microsoft Store to do this -> -> Cortana Device Setup

However, the instruction in firmware of the speaker for how to start could be pre - 2020 May Update.

It describes an instruction for Cortana that is no longer there.

The startup instruction will be updated by the app in the Microsoft Store when the Invoke firmware is updated.

Until that happens, Cortana should be smart enough to warn the user that what he is trying to do is out-of-date.

Right now, all that Cortana does is complain the startup phrase (coming from the Invoke) is illegal.

bilbo3558, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Has anyone received the early 2021 Harmon Kardin Invoke firmware update.

1. Has anyone received the early 2021 Harmon Kardin Invoke firmware update. - Similar Threads - Has anyone received

2. Does anyone know how to connect Harmon/Kardon invoke in 2023 off of a surface go 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to connect Harmon/Kardon invoke in 2023 off of a surface go 3?: I regretfully reset my invoke that was connected to my iPhone and had no idea the program was discontinued two years ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-connect-harmonkardon/295e0020-a249-432c-9699-75af3ac51d95
  3. HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...: Hi - as the title says, I didn't update my Invoke in early 2021 I didn't know and did a factory reset recently. The speaker directs me to the Cortana app to setup the speaker which, of course, no longer exists on mobile and on PC it no longer allows you to "add devices" . I...
  4. HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HK Invoke no longer works. I missed the early 2021 update and factory reset no longer...: Hi - as the title says, I didn't update my Invoke in early 2021 I didn't know and did a factory reset recently. The speaker directs me to the Cortana app to setup the speaker which, of course, no longer exists on mobile and on PC it no longer allows you to "add devices" . I...
  5. Harmon/Kardon Invoke won't get final update

in Cortana
    Harmon/Kardon Invoke won't get final update: I have a Harmon/Kardon Invoke. It is connected to the Internet but of course the Cortana functionality no longer functions.It doesn't seem to want to get the final update that converts it to a standard bluetooth speaker. Is there any way to manually update the device?...
  6. Harmon Kardon Invoke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harmon Kardon Invoke: I know this is one you don't get every day. I have an INVOKE and the connection to MS and Cortana just stopped the other day. I know support was scheduled to end in January and there is supposed to be a download to enable Bluetooth capability. The problem is I can't...
  7. Harman Kardon Invoke Firmware Update Failing

in Cortana
    Harman Kardon Invoke Firmware Update Failing: Hello, When I try to setup my Invoke speakers through the Cortona app on Android, everything seems to be going OK, until I reach the firmware update portion. The setup slows to a halt and eventually fails. No amount of "restarting" the process works per say. The work around...
  8. Harmon Kardon Invoke Cortana Speaker

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke Cortana Speaker: Okay, I made the mistake of buying 4 Invokes for $50 at the Microsoft Store. I first bought two and really like them and then bought two more. I have two of them set up. I love the sound quality it's better than the Echo Dots and Google Homes that I also have and I've been...
  9. Harmon Kardon Invoke Can't Open Any Apps

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke Can't Open Any Apps: Hello, My HK Invoke recently can't open any apps. When asked top "open" something like a podcast or background sound like ocean or rain, it replies "I can't open any apps right now." It's connected to our WiFi fine and will do reminders and even play music from iHeart...
  10. Has anyone received these two updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has anyone received these two updates?: Good afternoon folks, I decided to take the plunge, and now have Build 10130 as my everyday Windows installation. So far, it's not been too bad a migration from Windows 7 - I upgraded and haven't lost anything, but it took ages... I digress. Reading here - Issue in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana invoke