Windows 10: Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and...

Discus and support Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 and Office 16 with the latest updates. I believe this is a Windows 10 User Registry/OLE problem rather than an Office problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RadarKahler, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and...

I'm using Windows 10 and Office 16 with the latest updates. I believe this is a Windows 10 User Registry/OLE problem rather than an Office problem because only one of 3 users on this laptop have the problem. But, When I embed an excel spreadsheet into a Word document, save the document, then re-open it, the Excel spreadsheet can be seen, but it identifies as an "Unknown Object" and can't be opened from within Word. Power Point works fine. If Excel happens to be open at the time everything works. But, with Excel closed and only the Word document open it's no good. Other users are fine in any case so I suspect something broke for this user. If a different user opens the same document it works fine. Maybe an OLE user switch? Thanks!

:)

RadarKahler, Oct 28, 2019

2. error message "cannot use object linking and embedding"

I received an invoice via email yesterday that was created in excel. I hit ok to an "embedding" message in order to view it. Today I'm trying to open excel and I'm getting a message "cannot use object linking and embedding". How do I correct this problem.
    Excel keeps shut off.

Kristine Basaraba, Oct 28, 2019
  3. ryager Win User
    Windows 10: How to Link an Object vs Embedding an Object in 3D Builder ?

Original Title: Linking vs Embedding in 3D Builder

Is there a way to Link an Object vs Embedding an Object in 3D Builder ?

So for example....

Say I have a gear object. that is included in my project. and I use the gear 300 times through out the project.

Later I determine that the gear needs deeper teeth.

I would like to be able to change the linked gear (the original) and have it automatically update all 300 uses in my project instead of having to touch all 300 gears. (yuck)

ryager, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and...

"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

When I turn on my Laptop, dialogue box show "object reference not set to an instance of an object" problem. Any suggestion ,How to fix that one ?

vineetpandey82, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and...

1. Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and... - Similar Threads - Has anyone embedded

2. Object size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Object size: The objects in my scree are way too big and I won't tp get the display back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/object-size/1707d354-e7ed-4d5c-ad8a-6cf7d685e977
  3. Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word: After inserting an excel object in word, I double-click it for editing, and when I click outside of the excel document and proceed into work, there is a "shadow" image. Below is a screenshot....
  4. Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word: After inserting an excel object in word, I double-click it for editing, and when I click outside of the excel document and proceed into work, there is a "shadow" image. Below is a screenshot....
  5. Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word

6. Infected Object

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected Object: My virus protection programme has identified the following file as infected MonthPyvada.exe and blocked it. However, I cannot find any reference anywhere as to what this file might be. It resides in my Program Files x86 folder, full path below: C:\Program Files...
  7. Delete objects

Delete objects: I delete my minecraft and all the world are cleared. But I continue to have the objects, How I can delete all the objects for have new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-objects/52d625f0-ff74-4251-a889-8f4283a9cd9c
  8. error message "cannot use object linking and embedding"

error message "cannot use object linking and embedding": I received an invoice via email yesterday that was created in excel. I hit ok to an "embedding" message in order to view it. Today I'm trying to open excel and I'm getting a message "cannot use object linking and embedding". How do I correct this problem. Excel keeps shut...
  9. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".: Hello, The problem appears in Visual Studio, that when I try to create a new Project, it always drops the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I have uninstalled and installed Visual Studio, multiple times, but the problem appears always. Also, I...
  10. "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

"object reference not set to an instance of an object": Hi guys, I'm trying to download some you tube songs...I updated to the new version (4.1.509) & I get this message. I did the same with win7 & it worked fine. Can some body please advise? 51766

Users found this page by searching for:

1. embedded excel unknown object