Windows 10: Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...

Discus and support Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced ghe same error on win 8.1 and 10.I purchased a lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oscar Mostofi, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...

Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced ghe same error on win 8.1 and 10.I purchased a lenovo ideapad 1 in middle east coming from UAE without windows installed which is unusall for lenovo to sell products without pre-installed software. I tried win 8.1 and win 10 and it did not work, however, I beleive "Low Level" formatting the hdd will solve the problem. The reason is I did that on lenovo V4-Iil and tbat laptop came up.I dont remember how I low level formatted the V4-iil laptop. So that I can do it on ideapac 1.Doc O

:)

Oscar Mostofi, Mar 17, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...

1. Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced... - Similar Threads - Has anyone solved

2. Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...: Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced ghe same error on win 8.1 and 10.I purchased a lenovo ideapad 1 in middle east coming from UAE without windows installed which is unusall for lenovo to sell products without...
  3. Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced...: Has anyone solved the partition does not exist iduring windows installation?? I dxpdrienced ghe same error on win 8.1 and 10.I purchased a lenovo ideapad 1 in middle east coming from UAE without windows installed which is unusall for lenovo to sell products without...
  4. Clean Install while existing merged partitions

Clean Install while existing merged partitions: Hello all, I am using Windows 10 on a PC. I had merged my non-system partitions for storage. When my system crashed and cannot boot anymore, I decided to go with long due system hard drive increase and bought another SSD. I made a clean install only by disconnecting one of...
  5. Has anyone solved running Maxtor under Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone solved running Maxtor under Windows 10??: I would like to use my Maxtor under Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-solved-running-maxtor-under-windows-10/17029e02-f70d-4e4e-b9a3-9988396c2ce1
  6. Install error code [0x8e5e03fa], has anyone solved this?

Install error code [0x8e5e03fa], has anyone solved this?: Both Cumulative Updates for W10 V1903 x-64 based Systems [ 2019-01 KB4530684 and 2020-01 KB4528760] fail to install and return the error code [0x8e5e03fa]; I cycled through the automated support services without any success; has anyone solved this problem?...
  7. Does anyone know how to solve the error: " Installation has failed. Failed to extract...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to solve the error: " Installation has failed. Failed to extract...: So I have had this problem for some months now, everything started with the same discord problem where I couldn't install it, finally found a way to do it, got over it... but... I have started to notice after that other problems appeard, like I wasn't having access to...
  8. Make Windows 10 installer use existing partitioning

Make Windows 10 installer use existing partitioning: Hello, I have a GPT partition layout on my HDD which includes (in the order): 511 MiB partition, type code 2700 (Windows RE), NTFS-formatted, intended for Windows Recovery Tools 512 MiB partition, type code EF00 (EFI System), FAT32-formatted, intended to be an EFI System...
  9. Print queue full error - has anyone solved this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print queue full error - has anyone solved this?: I can't print due to the "print queue full" error. Has anyone solved this? I have uninstalled an re-installed my printer drivers several times and had no luck. Printer says its ready but I cannot print from any application. Printing troubleshooter finds no problems....
  10. Clean install while keeping existing partitions?

Clean install while keeping existing partitions?: the tutorial here says to delete all partitions before clean installing windows 10. But I don't want to do that. I just want to reinstall cleanly on the OS partition only. In the past with win7, when I had an OS and Data partition, I would just reinstall the OS, and my...