Windows 10: Has anyone tried a System Backup/Restore on a Win10 tablet?

Discus and support Has anyone tried a System Backup/Restore on a Win10 tablet? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Tried the System Backup/Restore procedure. Successfully created System Image on specially purchased micro-usb thumbdrive. On attempting Restore...got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by HairyPoster, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Has anyone tried a System Backup/Restore on a Win10 tablet?

Tried the System Backup/Restore procedure. Successfully created System Image on specially purchased micro-usb thumbdrive. On attempting Restore...got as far as initiating the 'Special Bootup' proc. However...at this point the restore procedure REQUIRES user input while at the same time refusing to recognize input from BT keyboard or touchscreen. Catch 22...can't get there from here situation. Had to use hard reset to escape.

Is this a universal problem for Windows tablets? If so, its a downvote for Win10 as a 'ready for prime time' tablet OS.

Workaround - would be for me to acquire a usb hub and microusb adapter cable so I can attach kbd/mouse/storage simultaneously. Then we'll get far enough into the procedure to determine if it will allow me to point it at the correct restore file location.

:)

HairyPoster, Dec 5, 2015
  2. [Dunde] Win User
    [Dunde], Dec 5, 2015
  3. Has anyone TRIED using a 128GB SD card in a Lumia 520

This is not possible to put a 128 gb sd card in lumia 520 because it is not support more then 64 Gb...

djsubha007, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

Has anyone tried a System Backup/Restore on a Win10 tablet?

1. Has anyone tried a System Backup/Restore on a Win10 tablet? - Similar Threads - Has anyone tried

2. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  3. System restore in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore in Win10: I ran into a situation where I think system restore may solve the problem. This desktop system originally came with WIN7 and it was automatically updated to WIN10 quite a while ago. I have used system restore in previous versions of Windows but this is the first time using...
  4. error when trying to restore a system image backup. It says backup was created with BIOS...

error when trying to restore a system image backup. It says backup was created with BIOS...: I had a processor fail causing my MBR to be corrupted. I did not have an SRD for this system. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro 64 bit from your site. I have a good backup of the system but version 1809 of Windows will not perform a system image restore. I download windows 10 Pro...
  5. Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?: Lately I feel like my trusty 5+ year old Pen tablet is finally on the verge of retirement. So I'm thinking of buying a new Pen Display Monitor that with a Screen so that Ican drawing directly on it .Since I used to work on a graphics tablet without a screen. Now I need your...
  6. Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?: Lately I feel like my trusty 5+ year old Pen tablet is finally on the verge of retirement. So I'm thinking of buying a new Pen Display Monitor that with a Screen so that Ican drawing directly on it .Since I used to work on a graphics tablet without a screen. Now I need your...
  7. WIN10 1803 system backup

WIN10 1803 system backup: After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165 my system backup is not longer available Remark: 1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown 2/ message : system backup is not available in an environment for portable workstations (translated in dutch: dit onderdeel...
  8. Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?: Though some testing. Windows 10 is a little too picky about being changed. I was trying my backup software & I also tried partition to partition copy using Mini partition wizard. Both methods ended with windows 10 not able to boot. All windows 10 files were restored & I tried...
  9. Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup

Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup: Good Afternoon, I have been having a bit of difficulty with restoring a Windows System Image backup from my external Hard Drive. While it wrote to the hard drive fine, the windows doesn't seem like it wants to detect it in order to restore. So far I have tried using another...
  10. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....