Windows 10: Has anyone tried to revert using "Go Back To Windows 7"

Discus and support Has anyone tried to revert using "Go Back To Windows 7" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the upgrade to W10 and I think I should have waited. Things are slow to open and lockups, frozen screens and streaming problems are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lenberman, Jul 31, 2015.

1. lenberman Win User

Has anyone tried to revert using "Go Back To Windows 7"

I installed the upgrade to W10 and I think I should have waited. Things are slow to open and lockups, frozen screens and streaming problems are happening all the time. I see there is a go back to Windows 7 option and I may take it for now, and do a clean install at a later date. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jul 31, 2015
  2. GaryLyman Win User

Windows 10 "read-only" issue

Has anyone come up with a permanent fix to "read-only" issue caused by upgrade to Windows 10? Also, does reverting back to Window 7 solve the problem?

GaryLyman, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Cota405 Win User
    Reset to Windows 7?

After a rather disastrous experience with Windows 10, I decided to go back to Windows 7. I tried to do so using the option in the Restore menu. I got the error message that the files needed to revert to 7 had been deleted(!). I did not delete them, nor
    do I have a utility that goes around deleting things, so this was quite a surprise to me. I then tried to revert back using the menus before the log-in screen. After clicking the appropriate buttons, I now find myself at a screen that says "Go back to the
    previous build", and the word "Restarting", with the rotating circles indicating the computer is thinking about it. The problem is I've been at this screen for the last seven hours, and there is no light on the hard drive indicating anything is going on. Is
    my computer frozen between operating systems? Ideas, anyone? How broken is it?

Cota405, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Worked for me to go back to Windows 8.1 too. Only hang up was it did not reboot. I had to drop power. When I powered on then then rollback occurred.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Has anyone tried to revert using "Go Back To Windows 7" - Similar Threads - Has anyone tried

2. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  3. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  4. Trying to go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to go back to windows 7: So I'm having way too many issues with windows 10 and I looked it up and it was an error with the upgrade. So I'm trying to update the product key back to the windows 7 key that's on the bottom of the laptop. It's giving me the error code 0xc004f050 and I don't know what to...
  5. Trying to go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to go back to windows 7: So I'm having way too many issues with windows 10 and I looked it up and it was an error with the upgrade. So I'm trying to update the product key back to the windows 7 key that's on the bottom of the laptop. It's giving me the error code 0xc004f050 and I don't know what to...
  6. Trying to go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Has anyone reverted back from April Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone reverted back from April Update.: I'm asking since I'm thinking about doing it since I want to go back since there are a few bug issues I don't like. 109479
  8. Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?: Since fall creators update has come and I have noticed people having issues. Therefore I ask are people deciding to go back to 7 and 8.1 out of frustration? 96183
  9. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...
  10. Trying to go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to go back to windows 7: I followed the instructions but it's telling me I have to uninstall my user accounts. I have not created any new accounts, these have a lot of info and pictures I don't want to delete. I can see the windows 7 files are still on my computer as well. I'm beyond frustrated. 24133