Windows 10: Has anyone use the free Image backup . can they backup Window 10 Pro

Discus and support Has anyone use the free Image backup . can they backup Window 10 Pro in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I need this to work, it will ask for the external back up drive ? Macrium can use a external or a 2nd internal drive. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pectin232, Feb 4, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Has anyone use the free Image backup . can they backup Window 10 Pro

Macrium can use a external or a 2nd internal drive.

OldMike65, Feb 6, 2016
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Can't post screenshot, but there's an option to browse for backup image to restore, very similar to File Explorer. Just browse for it and click.

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2016
  3. OK, so this is when I connect the external drive then ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 6, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Never tried it in that sequence because my EXT drives are always connected. Can't remember if there's a refresh button or not. You can try it that way, if it doesn't see it, reboot to Macrium after you connect the drive.

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Hmm, I thought it was not safe to have your back up drive connected all the time, so nothing
    could attack it.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 6, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    I have other stuff on them also. I do eject them and disconnect doing a new build.

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    That is correct. I disconnect my backup drives when they are not in use.

Getting an external drive attacked by malware is a long shot. But you never know. It is better to be prudent.

8. cereberus Win User

Don't forget, although the boot option is very useful, you still need aa boot drive in case hard drive fails or OS gets badly corrupted.

Also, if you ever rebuild the boot sectors, you usually have to reinstate the menu option.

Ironically, the Macrium 'fix windows boot problems' does not recognise its own boot option and wipes it - LOL!

cereberus, Feb 6, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Macrium Reflect Free also allows saving and restoring images to/from Network Attached Storage. That's where my main backups are. But it is limited to wired ethernet connection.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Has anyone use the free Image backup . can they backup Window 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Has anyone free

2. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  3. Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  4. Windows 10 Image backup

Windows 10 Image backup: Since I upgraded to SSD system drive I get an error 0x8078004F when attempting an image backup. Thought this was because I had EFI partitions on two drives. Deleted one and kept the one on the system drive but still no good. I would appreciate some ideas Lee Brooker...
  5. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  6. Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?

Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?: hi, I'm looking for an alternative to windows 7 backup and restore, ive had several problems now with it and I'm pretty sure its going to be depreciated and eventually removed in a future release of windows 10, that and i think my main hdd drive will eventually fail soon, ive...
  7. Windows 10 Image Backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Image Backup: Hi, Please help me as fast as you can! I have created a WindowsImageBackup and saved it to an external hard drive with another folder having my personal files on in. so now my hard drive have 2 folders the imagebackup and personal folder. after creating the windows image it...
  8. windows 10 image backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 image backup: why when I try to create an image backup on a 1 terra byte drive do I repeatedly get 97% complete then an 'unsuccessful backup' message very time please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-image-backup/c1a8a9a8-587f-4c9b-ba26-20ff5fe6cebb
  9. image backup windows 10

image backup windows 10: recommendations for windows 10 image backup ? many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/image-backup-windows-10/4777c933-ca9d-463a-aa5e-5bdd2d8f1858
  10. image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301