Windows 10: has audio but no dialogue

Discus and support has audio but no dialogue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10, I found that when playing a video there's no voice/dialogue, same problem with web video in browsers (such as those on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by namsilat, Aug 25, 2016.

1. namsilat Win User

has audio but no dialogue

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I found that when playing a video there's no voice/dialogue, same problem with web video in browsers (such as those on Youtube). Otherwise I can hear music and beeps ok, but dialogue is missing. So I check under Device Manager, HD Definition Audio Device under "Sound, video and game controllers" and "Audio inputs and outputs" both show Microsoft driver (screenshot). So my next step was to update audio driver with Realtek's latest Windows 10 driver. After installing Realtek's driver, only the HD Definition Audio Device under "Sound, video and game controllers" changed to this new June/2016 Realtek driver, while HD Definition Audio Device under "Audio inputs and outputs" still showed Microsoft driver. There's also two entries of HD Definition Controller under System Devices that show identical Microsoft driver. The voice-less problem remains; at this point I am thinking that Microsoft generic driver is still interfering, so to make a long story short I need help to completely uninstall this Microsoft audio driver. I have done a lot of searches/researches online, there's a lot of stuff out there to completely uninstall Realtek drivers, but can't find anything on uninstall Microsoft's audio driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

namsilat, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Nico1024 Win User

Error Sounds but no Dialogue Box!

Hi everyone, so just recently my PC has started making very random error noises. There are no Dialogue boxes to accompany the error sounds and they do occur quite often. Thanks for any help in advance!

Nico1024, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Error Sounds but no Dialogue Box!

Hi Nico,

To fix sound problems in Windows 10, click
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Ramon Imp, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

has audio but no dialogue

1. has audio but no dialogue - Similar Threads - has audio dialogue

2. Suspicious update dialogue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious update dialogue: Hi all,All 6 machines at my workplace received this popup today. The formatting and grammar is suspicious, has anyone ever seen this before? It doesn't appear to be from Windows or Microsoft. There was a cumulative update pushed out today so but I advised my team not to click...
  3. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  4. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  5. Run dialogue name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run dialogue name: So some of you have heard about making the command prompt opening instead of sticky keys, but I'm trying to do this with the run dialogue, but I don't know the program name or its location, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/the_blocker1418 [link] [comments]...
  6. Oversized dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oversized dialogue boxes: I have a program for embroidery called Generations. It worked fine on my old laptop Windows 10 but the dialogue boxes are too big on my new laptop and I can't reach any controls like OK. How can I reduce the size of these dialogue boxes? [ATTACH]...
  7. Audio socket dialogue box

Audio socket dialogue box: When a device is plugged into the audio socket on the computer a dialogue box appears so that one may specify what has been plugged in - headphones, speakers, line in, microphone etc. Also in that dialogue box is the option to check "do not show this dialogue box again". I...
  8. Dialogue Box Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialogue Box Issue: I am trying to download an update for a game on Origin, but no dialogue box is popping up to ask for permission to download the content so Origin can't update the game. How do I fix this?...
  9. Mouse dialogue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse dialogue: Hello I have lost my mouse's dialogue box. Once I right click, the cursor turns into 'scroll - down" cursor instead of a dialogue.. I have tried checking in settings and nothing is changing. kindly assist. using a desktop...
  10. printer dialogue box

printer dialogue box: When I click on my printer icon (HP6790) I get a dialogue box asking me "do want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" if I say no it keeps on reappearing and I cannot get rid of it. My printer is fine so is my wireless connection and I don't need the update, how...