Windows 10: Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

Discus and support Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 used to detect our Captive Portal as per this document:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Some_Try_8918, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

Windows 10 used to detect our Captive Portal as per this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/captive-portals

Using wireshark, I can not see any request going out to www.msftncsi.com, has this feature been removed? I did see windows perform a DNS test for an msft domain which passed, then the network status icon simply changed to "connected" state. No relevant HTTP requests followed the DNS connectivity check.

This appears to be a feature of NlaSvc - Network Location Awareness service. I've checked HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet registry settings, EnableActiveProbing is enabled (0x1). The rest of the registry settings around here are also default.

Windows version in question is Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Some_Try_8918
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Some_Try_8918, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Anees R. Win User

Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and unable to access Microsoft store and other store apps installed as they aren't working on Wifi having Captive portal. Windows doesn't detect it as captive portal and I've login manually via chrome. Chrome works fine but Edge doesn't.

Please assist.

Anees R., Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 community update- captive portals

I have been using windows 10 creator update and would like Windows to automatically log in to captive portals. I am not always at my computer and the network has captive portals. The app/program should allow all cookies to be set. All it is left to automatically
    press the accept and continue button. I tried lynx and it didn't work. I would be glad as this can be rolled out as an update available from Microsoft. If you need any help i would be glad to help out.

If you advanced the web portal uses javascript to set a cookie (i think) and the captive portal is ruckus wireless.

whateverthishas, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

Internet connection blocked by a Captive Portal

Sorry, I wasn't notified of a reply.

> My internet traffic is being blocked by a CAPTIVE PORTAL

1. You must be seeing a message about this Captive Portal. What's the message?

2. Are you seeing the message when using Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome or all three?

3. In Control Panel> (Network & Internet)> Network and sharing center> Connect to a network, is your home network, Internet connection, router listed? Can you connect to it?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

1. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Has Captive Portal

2. Remove Device From Microsoft Portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Device From Microsoft Portal: I needed Microsoft Word on my computer through my school and signed in, but some how my PERSONAL computer got linked to the Microsoft Portal and for the life of me can not figure out how to get rid of it because it is blocking me from doing a lot even though I am still the...
  3. Remove Device From Microsoft Portal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Device From Microsoft Portal: I needed Microsoft Word on my computer through my school and signed in, but some how my PERSONAL computer got linked to the Microsoft Portal and for the life of me can not figure out how to get rid of it because it is blocking me from doing a lot even though I am still the...
  4. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.: I have encountered an issue with Captive portal on computers with Windows 10 and 11. Tested it with few computers and different types of network adapters. Behavior for a different network adapters and their drivers is same but on a Win10 1607 I have not managed to reproduce...
  5. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.: I have encountered an issue with Captive portal on computers with Windows 10 and 11. Tested it with few computers and different types of network adapters. Behavior for a different network adapters and their drivers is same but on a Win10 1607 I have not managed to reproduce...
  6. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11: I am unable to put or see thumbnails on my folders using folder.jpg. There have been a raft of features that Microsoft has taken out of windows 11, that need to be PUT BACK! This is only one. Why MS decided to knowingly DOWNGRADE and cripple the UI so severely is beyond me!...
  8. Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11

Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11: I am unable to put or see thumbnails on my folders using folder.jpg. There have been a raft of features that Microsoft has taken out of windows 11, that need to be PUT BACK! This is only one. Why MS decided to knowingly DOWNGRADE and cripple the UI so severely is beyond me!...
  9. No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal: Hi everyone, I'm using a PC with an up to date Windows 10. I'm connected to a captive portal network. As said in this documentation, the DNS resolution of the URI www.msftconnecttest.com works and the Get of the URI "http://www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt" is...
  10. Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal

Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and unable to access Microsoft store and other store apps installed as they aren't working on Wifi having Captive portal. Windows doesn't detect it as captive portal and I've login manually via chrome. Chrome works fine but Edge doesn't. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows disable automatic captive portal detection