Windows 10: Has Defender been removed in 1809?

Discus and support Has Defender been removed in 1809? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My system updated a couple of days ago to 1809:17763.292. When attempting to run my weekly system check my shortcut to defender no longer works. I get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stephen8458, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Has Defender been removed in 1809?

My system updated a couple of days ago to 1809:17763.292.

When attempting to run my weekly system check my shortcut to defender no longer works. I get an error message saying 'MSACUI.EXE CANNOT BE FOUND'

I have a folder with all my security based program shortcuts in for ease of access. Can anyone help me repair this shortcut?

Thanks

Steve

:)

stephen8458, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Has Defender been removed in 1809?

Windows Defender Stuck on Removing Severe Threat

Sure, you can put Windows Defender Offline on a jump drive.

But the emphasis of my post is that you no longer have to do that ...
    you can launch Defender Offline from Settings > Update and Security > Defender > Defender Offline
    as described here: Defender Offline

simrick (safe mode Adwcleaner with a question about the reg entires) and Borg (tdssKiller, Rkill, possible manual reg entries removal) have offered other suggestions - it helps troubleshooting if you always follow the order of the suggestions and report the results.

When you've completed all on-demand scans and other remediation steps, run the following (both commands take a while to complete).

If there are any integrity issues reported in the results on the screen,

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /ScanNow

Slartybart, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Has Defender been removed in 1809?

1. Has Defender been removed in 1809? - Similar Threads - Has Defender been

2. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  3. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  4. Defender has been turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender has been turned off: I received a notice that Microsoft Defender was turned off. I did not turn it off but want to turn it back on. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-has-been-turned-off/8f3a749c-2930-41b8-9e8f-1b0da370e64b
  5. Defender has been turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender has been turned off: I received a notice that Microsoft Defender was turned off. I did not turn it off but want to turn it back on. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-has-been-turned-off/8f3a749c-2930-41b8-9e8f-1b0da370e64b
  6. "Disk has been surprised removed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Disk has been surprised removed": Hi, I am randomly getting these warnings in event viewer. I am not sure why this is happening but this has been happening for a while now and it seems to happen every few hours. I only have 3 internal drives (2 HDDs & 1 SSD) and 5 partitions total (screenshot of disk manager)...
  7. "Disk has been surprised removed"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Disk has been surprised removed": Hi, I am randomly getting these warnings in event viewer. I am not sure why this is happening but this has been happening for a while now and it seems to happen every few hours. I only have 3 internal drives (2 HDDs & 1 SSD) and 5 partitions total (screenshot of disk manager)...
  8. Update to 1809 has been good!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to 1809 has been good!: Hi there! For the past couple of months or so, my laptop has been slow. I mean, everything was slow to start up, programs were slow to open. I even tinkered with components of some security software (HitmanPro Alert), trying to troubleshoot to see if there were any conflicts...
  9. Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update: The October update to W.10 was a disaster! Supposedly it's been fixed now, but not everyone has received it yet. For those who have; Has the problems of local networking been resolved? i.e. does Windows now see/access correctly all machines on a local network - with the...
  10. Has Windows 10 version 1809 been withdrawn ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has Windows 10 version 1809 been withdrawn ?: Version 1809 successfully downloaded and installed on two of my 7 computers. On another two the installation failed, and the remaining pcs just can't find it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows defender antivirus removed after 1809 update?