Windows 10: has kaspersky blocked my webcam?

Discus and support has kaspersky blocked my webcam? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has Kaspersky blocked my webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-kaspersky-blocked-my-webcam/54ddf94a-3060-4de0-a7e7-e379a405ae1a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eddydowling, Jun 15, 2020.

1. has kaspersky blocked my webcam?

Has Kaspersky blocked my webcam

:)

eddydowling, Jun 15, 2020

2. Webcam and Photos blocked by Anniversary Update

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

As you are facing issues with the photo app I suggest you to follow the below method.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

For the issue related to webcam I suggest you to perform the below steps.

Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jun 15, 2020
  3. A Sahay Win User
    Kaspersky Internet Security - "taskhostw.exe, application blocked webcam access" notification pop up at short intervals. How to fix, pls help.

Kaspersky Internet Security - "taskhostw.exe, application blocked webcam access" notification pop up at short intervals. How to fix, pls help.

A Sahay, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Borolad57 Win User

has kaspersky blocked my webcam?

USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and didn't have access to my PC.

I'm trying to check whether the webcam is blocked or not by following your instructions. I've followed Step 1 and 2 OK as requested. Your step 3 implies to me that I should now see a list of blocked apps in a box. However when I click on
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall what I get is a list of the allowed Apps and Features rather than a list of Blocked Apps. I cannot see webcam or anything similar in the list of allowed apps.

Did I follow your steps correctly. Am I missing something here?

Webcam is still classed as hidden in Device manage and the Camera App still cannot see it.

Regards

Borolad57, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

has kaspersky blocked my webcam?

1. has kaspersky blocked my webcam? - Similar Threads - has kaspersky blocked

2. Webcam blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam blocked: I have my camera and video permissions allowed on my computer and my web browser. For some reason it still is blocked from use on the web browser. What else would be the cause?...
  3. Webcam blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam blocked: I have my camera and video permissions allowed on my computer and my web browser. For some reason it still is blocked from use on the web browser. What else would be the cause?...
  4. Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control: Hello,When I tried to install Kaspersky SAC blocks it, even though Microsoft claimed that SAC runs with other AVsI don't wish to turn off SAC Because it requires a reinstall...
  5. Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control

Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control: Hello,When I tried to install Kaspersky SAC blocks it, even though Microsoft claimed that SAC runs with other AVsI don't wish to turn off SAC Because it requires a reinstall...
  6. Is Kaspersky Blocking Remote Desktop Conncection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Kaspersky Blocking Remote Desktop Conncection?: I recently added a couple of refurbished computers running Windows 1909 to my existing home network. One of them is a laptop that I use in bed (where I spend most of my time these days due to worsening chronic illness), and the other is a PC in the kitchen. I set up Windows...
  7. Windows 10 is blocking installation of Kaspersky anti-virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is blocking installation of Kaspersky anti-virus: When I try to open and install the newest version of Kaspersky anti-virus on one of my computers - Windows gives me a message saying that I need to get the app from the microsoft store. but then the settings are completely confusing. Does anybody know how to fix this...
  8. Webcam has disappeared

Webcam has disappeared: Webcam has disappeared. Not listed in Device Manager at all. Have tried multiple things suggested online - none of which worked. How to fix this? Is there a windows software I can download...I looked but could not find any. Thanks to any one who can advise....
  9. webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access

webcam privacy on but alerts from norton that it has to block webcam access: i wrote msg and it disappared. i described the problem above. this only happened after chrome updated but google wants access to webcame andd then device census something or other. Is this a virus internet sadi to turn off webcam accessing apps but my webcam is turned...
  10. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!: Firstly, NO process should be able to view from a Webcam or listen from a Mic without specific. clear PRIOR PERMISSION. I do not need to be having my privacy disturbed by uninvited people or staff from Microsoft!! Secondly, I am feeling insecure from this Device Census! I...