Windows 10: Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update

Discus and support Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The October update to W.10 was a disaster! Supposedly it's been fixed now, but not everyone has received it yet. For those who have; Has the problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TCMan, Dec 7, 2018.

1. TCMan Win User

Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update

The October update to W.10 was a disaster! Supposedly it's been fixed now, but not everyone has received it yet.

For those who have; Has the problems of local networking been resolved? i.e. does Windows now see/access correctly all machines on a local network - with the same functionality that was in the now withdrawn HomeGroup?

It's such a basic function, surely it can't still be a problem - can it?

:)

TCMan, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 not receiving updates from Local Network ...!

Hi Anand,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you are unable to perform updates. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try disconnect the computer from the local network and check whether you are able to perform updates.

If you are able to perform updates, then the issue might be due to local network settings.

I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps whether you are able to update.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run Windows update troubleshooter for each computer.

Windows Update Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    1809 breaks network browsing?

I tend to disagree... On a small network the master browser refresh shouldn't take long. In my case, 4-6 hours should have been sufficient for refreshing the master browser list. Also, up to version 1709 feature update, there had been no issues with shared resources; viewing the network shares was instantaneous after the feature update. There had been no changes required in network setting and/or resetting the network.

The first sign of issues showed up with version 1803 and version 1809 made it even worse. At least for now, the version 1809 PC can browse the network shares hosted on version 1803 PC, rolled back from 1809.

In all fairness, this is probably well know changes for experts in this forums with appropriate tutorial posted for resolution. My encounter with these issues is due to the fact, that these systems had been updated to version 1803 couple of weeks ego and accidentally updating to 1809 this week.

Cr00zng, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update

File sharing over local network

Hello Larry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1:
    Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update

1. Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update - Similar Threads - Has local networking

2. The issue has been resolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue has been resolved: 123ывфвв https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-has-been-resolved/3bc42a0f-75df-4786-8c86-ccff33aefe33
  3. The issue has been resolved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue has been resolved: 123ывфвв https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-has-been-resolved/3bc42a0f-75df-4786-8c86-ccff33aefe33
  4. Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643 - Has this been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643 - Has this been resolved yet?: As the other thread is locked - has it been resolved yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643-has-this-been/124dfc78-6030-49be-a0df-80c73d9370dd
  5. Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643 - Has this been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643 - Has this been resolved yet?: As the other thread is locked - has it been resolved yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643-has-this-been/124dfc78-6030-49be-a0df-80c73d9370dd
  6. Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643 - Has this been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The memory dump error has not been resolved.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The memory dump error has not been resolved.: Hello, I have already contacted the forum with this problem and was advised to remove Kaspersky, I did so - I removed the antivirus, deleted all folders associated with this program and cleaned the registry. But the problem still arises. The error list shows such errors as:...
  8. Eversince Windows 10 the local network has been cripple

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eversince Windows 10 the local network has been cripple: Ì am afraid I have a sticky question. Since quite some time i have two desktops and a laptop on windows 10 latest update and the local private area network has never functioned properly. Often they can't even see their own shares and not the other computer(s). One computer...
  9. Update to 1809 has been good!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to 1809 has been good!: Hi there! For the past couple of months or so, my laptop has been slow. I mean, everything was slow to start up, programs were slow to open. I even tinkered with components of some security software (HitmanPro Alert), trying to troubleshoot to see if there were any conflicts...
  10. Has Defender been removed in 1809?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has Defender been removed in 1809?: My system updated a couple of days ago to 1809:17763.292. When attempting to run my weekly system check my shortcut to defender no longer works. I get an error message saying 'MSACUI.EXE CANNOT BE FOUND' I have a folder with all my security based program shortcuts in for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I was trying to upload version 1809 from 1803 and it failed any suggestions