Windows 10: Has Microsoft changed Windows 10?

Discus and support Has Microsoft changed Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has Microsoft added the Windows 7 start menu to Window 10 yet? I know when they built Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 they thought they were doing us a favor by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Horak, May 22, 2019.

1. Has Microsoft changed Windows 10?

Has Microsoft added the Windows 7 start menu to Window 10 yet? I know when they built Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 they thought they were doing us a favor by switch everything to the opposite side of the screen then hiding everything to save space, all they did create a lot of confusion hence everybody hates Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

:)

Michael Horak, May 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Has Microsoft changed Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Has Microsoft changed Windows 10?

1. Has Microsoft changed Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft changed

2. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10: When I previously clicked on the "Type here to search" box, it brought up my favourite searches showing links to eg my bank, my supermarket., Amazon and other useful links.When I've clicked on it in the last few days, I see this:This is useless for me. Is there any other way...
  3. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10: When I previously clicked on the "Type here to search" box, it brought up my favourite searches showing links to eg my bank, my supermarket., Amazon and other useful links.When I've clicked on it in the last few days, I see this:This is useless for me. Is there any other way...
  4. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft jigsaw puzzles has changed.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft jigsaw puzzles has changed.: I tried to close the sidebar and the app would not permit that and said that I needed to upgrade to a premium account to allow for the sidebar to be collapsed. The puzzle pieces have been made super large with no option to make them smaller. They are super large compared to...
  6. Has the Microsoft store's logo changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has the Microsoft store's logo changed?: I swear it didn't look like this yesterday?: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-the-microsoft-stores-logo-changed/27c876c1-66c1-4484-92ae-9c6d541a3a20
  7. Has the Spelling Editor changed? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Has the Spelling Editor changed? Windows 10: Previously. if we made a typo a spelling mistake, the system gave us choices such as suggesting the correct word use English UK - not English USA - as in colourise/colourize 'add to dictionary'. When I made a typo just now in the Community, this is what I saw:...
  8. Windows 10 Refresh has made changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Refresh has made changes: I had a problem with my wife's windows 10 laptop which I resolved by refreshing windows, removing everything.Before the refresh if I clicked on 'This pc' it showed folders entitled Desktop, documents, downloads, music, pictures and videos, Under each of the six folders was...
  9. Has Microsoft disabled or changed MAPI in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Has Microsoft disabled or changed MAPI in Windows 10?: I am the tech support for my father and I'm having difficulty finding an answer to a problem. Prior to upgrading him from Windows 7 to 10, he could make envelopes in WordPerfect 12. When choosing the address, his address books from SeaMonkey 2.35 would show in Corel Address...
  10. Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has finalized Windows 10: Microsoft has now finalized Windows 10, ready for its release later this month. Sources familiar with Microsoft's plans tell The Verge that the software giant has selected build 10240 as the final release to manufacturing (RTM) copy, allowing PC makers to start loading the...