Windows 10: Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?

Discus and support Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used to be able to talk to someone via a chat thread. This was very helpful. Now the only option is to call by phone. There you have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Timetofgetwindowsworkingp, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?

I used to be able to talk to someone via a chat thread. This was very helpful.

Now the only option is to call by phone. There you have to go through 5 minutes of an incredibly slow automated service (which as always does nothing more than waste time) and then you get put through to a call center.

I spent 90 minutes in total trying to resolve a problem which Microsoft Support were unable to deal with. Apparently even Microsoft has no record of what product key they sold to you. Amazing.

Put simply, the support teams via online text chat were excellent. My last experience was absolutely awful. If there is some way to access the text chat support I have used much of the past couple of years, please let me know.

I'm hoping not a sign of things to come.

:)

Timetofgetwindowsworkingp, Oct 4, 2018
  2. prine65 Win User

tried to use microsoft techincal support chat, but it said that it is closed.

I went to use the Microsoft technical support chat on 2 different accounts on here.

but everytime it showed, call me back, chat, or ask the community.

right under where it says chat. it is showing up that it is closed.

I don't understand why tho, I thought the Microsoft technical support chat was supposed to be 24/7.

can I get some answers as to why.

because I could really use some help right now. and this is just not cool that I cannot talk to a Microsoft technical support answer tech.

prine65, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Chat Log with a Microsoft Representative

It was a continuation from another chat log. It was captured after the tech support had remote access to my computer. The tech had closed the other chat which contained my case number.

Windows has been prompting me for my key (license expiring), but won’t accept it. The tech suggested a $40 replacement key and license update.

JonahKondro, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?

tried to use microsoft techincal support chat, but it said that it is closed.

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• How did you try to contact Microsoft chat support?
    • Have you tried using different browsers?
    • How would we be able to help you with your concern?

Please try to visit this
    link for our chat support and see if it works.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?

1. Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft Closed

2. Where's the link to chat text support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's the link to chat text support?: I've had a couple of productive text chats with good tech support people, but I can't remember how the chat initiated. Anyone know where the link is?Scott...
  3. Where's the link to chat text support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's the link to chat text support?: I've had a couple of productive text chats with good tech support people, but I can't remember how the chat initiated. Anyone know where the link is?Scott...
  4. Where's the link to chat text support?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Tech Support Doesn't Connect to Chat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tech Support Doesn't Connect to Chat?: I spent over an hour waiting in the support chat to be transferred to the Windows Tech Expert who was supposed to be able to help with "wait time of about 2 minutes." Then, while still in chat screen, was given notice that I was disconnected. So I started a new chat, told...
  6. Tech Support Doesn't Connect to Chat?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech Support Doesn't Connect to Chat?: I spent over an hour waiting in the support chat to be transferred to the Windows Tech Expert who was supposed to be able to help with "wait time of about 2 minutes." Then, while still in chat screen, was given notice that I was disconnected. So I started a new chat, told...
  7. Tech support help online only now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tech support help online only now?: I called the tech support number last week to get help with a one drive issue I've been having and they said all the help is online now. So paid subscribers really can't talk to a human anymore? I couldnt find help with my issue, I'm not even clear on how to word the issue so...
  8. Microsoft tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft tech support: I have been trying to contact a live person at Microsoft support for windows. However the support bot will not let me. It askes me to sign-in twice and will not let me past the second sign-in! So I cannot talk to a person! What can I do. When I call tech support they say...
  9. Microsoft Tech Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Tech Support: How do I get tech support from microsoft to perform remote routine service / maintenance on my windows laptop using my Assure subscription? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tech-support/0a5d52fe-ee77-4d01-b6e8-499505dbc830
  10. ONLINE Chat Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    ONLINE Chat Support: Does anyone know, for Sure, NO Speculation, NO Hunches etc... Why is there NO Option for ONLINE Chat Support for a Tech, for Windows 10, the ONLY option is a Callback?? any Thoughts??...