Windows 10: Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

Discus and support Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While using Microsoft Edge the MSN home page refreshes and a new page automatically opens up. This has happened a number of times and I'm not sure if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John Beresford, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

While using Microsoft Edge the MSN home page refreshes and a new page automatically opens up. This has happened a number of times and I'm not sure if all of the links are the same but I have copied and pasted the latest one here:

http://fso0492.site/ln/HEsUn64qpvqf2pLVqyqdgIvCfohtVT.kECGP7aOjzEqprPiGzbnYF7Rn6PsD4GryGspflfyg21AZ7oFtFiUYdPIqpecdedYiqsKjfBHBrgx8KEzzyBGzWXh5K0yscZAgGoHvRY8xDGyZjzrqENjtnx8uoI2inoQPPKO0zcbyvkuVBHe28A58TydMymbaZICgF4wHf7MVs88TJyHc8uYDtx_44D.bpV0iLtBTgOFEOm0WJgDBJckAYArlNVTFqDit0xEc.lL9NX3n_bW7_reXRnO7Q4dXsG4qcFPJcUISgE8fTx3.3cJRyxXeaBSMARZkPcHCdMhupqfdRIM1y2Iu9_fs9R9RqtcKDaL3EtlfZ8fsDhpNxQ5mN.ASTz4EWGMe

I use Bitdefender AV and it is not telling me I have a problem.

Is the link from a verified Microsoft sponsor or has Edge been hacked?

:)

John Beresford, Oct 8, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge Hacked

I have some malware that has hacked my Edge browser. It says my computer has been attacked by a virus and there is a verbal computer based warning about this attack. There is no way I can close it other than going to task manager. When I restart Edge it starts up on the same page. Is there some way of starting Edge without it going to this site? It seems my start page has been hacked. I have been using it and getting used to it but now have reverted back to Firefox until I get this fixed.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

captaindon130, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

Microsoft edge was hacked

Hacked means showing unwanted popups or something else?

First step would be to try re-registering Edge:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2016/06/reinsta...

If that doesn't help, Windows 10 version 1709(Build 16299) provides a repair option for Edge too:

Go to Settings>Apps and Features>Microsoft Edge and click Advanced

Click on Repair button on the screen. You can try resetting Edge too if you wish.

For Windows 10 version 1703 and earlier, try creating a new user account:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5464-delete...

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

1. Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!I just noticed that somebody got access to my Microsoft account. I noticed when i got a SMS on my Phone, that my number was removed from my Microsoft Account. I tried filling out the form, but this account is more than 10 years old and i have no idea what kinda contacts i...
  3. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!I just noticed that somebody got access to my Microsoft account. I noticed when i got a SMS on my Phone, that my number was removed from my Microsoft Account. I tried filling out the form, but this account is more than 10 years old and i have no idea what kinda contacts i...
  4. Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account has been hacked: Hi all,My Microsoft account has been hacked, I have receive and e-mail from Microsoft that details has been changed, but went I went in to change it it was already been changed. Cannot get any help from Microsoft as they respond only in 24 hours. In this time my whole gaming...
  5. Microsoft account has been hacked

Microsoft account has been hacked: Hi all,My Microsoft account has been hacked, I have receive and e-mail from Microsoft that details has been changed, but went I went in to change it it was already been changed. Cannot get any help from Microsoft as they respond only in 24 hours. In this time my whole gaming...
  6. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!My microsoft account got hacked and the hacker changed my microsoft account gmail. Is there a way i can get my account back?[Original Title: I need help]...
  7. Microsoft Account has been hacked

Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!My microsoft account got hacked and the hacker changed my microsoft account gmail. Is there a way i can get my account back?[Original Title: I need help]...
  8. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. My Microsoft account has been hacked

My Microsoft account has been hacked: So about 2 days ago i got a notification that my microsoft account email has been changed to i have to type it his way cuz ms will blur it, no spaces r o s t i s l a v _ b i r y u k o v 0 7 0 7 @ r a m b l e r . r u And i've tryed 4 or maybe 5 times to reset it but cleary...
  10. Microsoft account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account has been hacked: My personal Microsoft account has been hacked, I have tried recovery but can't get anywhere. There is no number to call no help to be received. Has anyone experienced this? What are the options? If your Instagram gets hacked there are many reminders, but Microsoft doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if microsftedge has been hacked

2. my ms edge was hacked

3. i was hacked under a microsoft edge search

4. microsoft - how do i know if ive been hacked?,
  5. someone has hacked my microsoft edge homepage,
  6. has edge browser ever been hacked,
  7. has microsoft edge been hacked