Windows 10: Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...

Discus and support Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The OneDrive location is no longer visible or selectable from within File Indexing options. This seems like a deliberate choice as that folder can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nadim J, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Nadim J Win User

Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...

The OneDrive location is no longer visible or selectable from within File Indexing options. This seems like a deliberate choice as that folder can be seen by other apps and settings panels. I fear Microsoft has disabled this feature. Am I right?

:)

Nadim J, Jan 13, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...

Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows 10 has a search indexing service that creates as index of all files in your Windows 10 that greatly improves look up speed. We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add folders to Indexing Options.

1. Open Indexing Options by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Click on Modify and choose the folders in the
      Change selected locations.
    3. Then click on OK and Windows will immediately start indexing the new folder.

If you still feel that the searching in Windows needs improvement, kindly provide you suggestions and feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or NO.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...

1. Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of... - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft removed

2. remove Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Onedrive files: I've reset my laptop to be ready to give it away, but I had to log in to my MS account to complete the Windows install. Now my files on Onedrive are available on the laptop, even though I changed to a local sign-in. How do I get my Onedrive files off the laptop? I don't want...
  3. Microsoft Whiteboard SVG file has no content

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Whiteboard SVG file has no content: I am having issues when exporting from the Microsoft whiteboard app on windows 10. After importing a PDF to edit on the app, as part of an online lesson, I am unable to share the exported SVG file as I get the following error message: This XML file does not appear to have...
  4. Onedrive does not keep the latest file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive does not keep the latest file: Hi, I am having a problem with Onedrive. Basically, I cut&paste a certain file to Onedrive, let's say an Excel file, work on it, save it and then leave it there. The day after, I access that same file in Onedrive to continue working on it just to find out that all the job I...
  5. File search indexing seems to NOT include contents

in Cortana
    File search indexing seems to NOT include contents: Hello, again, and thank you for reading my post. When I had a WindowsXP PC, it was pretty easy to search a folder and its subfolders, too based on the contents of the files therein such as by asking for a search based on a keyword or other text string. However, with my...
  6. My OneDrive files are not indexed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My OneDrive files are not indexed: I have tried to get my OneDrive indexed but Windows can't even find it to manually specify that it should be indexed. Google Drive and Box can be indexed but OneDrive is invisible to all versions of Windows 10 I have worked with for the last two years. That makes OneDrive...
  7. Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties changing check...

in Cortana
    Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties changing check...: I have been having issues with search since last fall. I have worked with several IT folks affiliated with Microsoft, but no one has fixed it. They just chose to turn off indexing. So this is what I found.... Following some online recommendations, I opened up the data...
  8. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...
  9. Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business

in Cortana
    Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business: Hello, I am wondering if anybody knows of the roadmap for searching 1) local files and of 2) files stored on OneDrive for Business. I am a researcher and have hundreds of PDF documents stored locally but can't seem to get a good index of them built using native Windows...
  10. Allow File Contents and Properties to be Indexed on a Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow File Contents and Properties to be Indexed on a Drive in Windows: How to: Allow File Contents and Properties to be Indexed on a Drive in Windows How to Turn On or Off Indexing Contents and Properties of Files on a Drive in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file types (extensions), file properties, and file...