Windows 10: Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?

Discus and support Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I read that Microsoft was aware of and is working on fixing certain problems caused by one of the windows updates. Taskbar and Onedrive on my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oddinator19, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?

I read that Microsoft was aware of and is working on fixing certain problems caused by one of the windows updates. Taskbar and Onedrive on my windows 10 laptop are not working properly. Whenever I restart or wake up my laptop, the taskbar freezes but eventually unfreezes, the same happens when I try to open and navigate through computer settings. My Onedrive on desktop remains signed out and won't let me sign back in.

:)

oddinator19, Jan 18, 2022
  2. LeoSeabra Win User

Onedrive missing from taskbar/ onedrive uninstalling itself

Hi Jonathan!

Welcome to our community.

This is Leocadia, independent community expert, and I am glad to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about this situation.We would like to help you promptly.

First of all, we need to know a few things. Have you uninstalled and/or reinstalled onedrive recently? If so, how did you reinstall OneDrive?

Can you see the OneDrive icon in the left pane of File Explorer? If so, what happens when you try to access it?

To check if OneDrive is still installed on your computer, do these steps:

Click the Windows logo (Start button).

Click System.

Click Apps & features.

Look for Microsoft OneDrive.

If you cannot see OneDrive on the list, we need to download OneDrive again so that we can reinstall it.

Going forward, It's possible for the OneDrive icon to be disabled from appearing as a system tray icon in the first place. To check if that’s the case, you need to dive into the Windows 10 Settings panel briefly.

Step 1: Right-click a vacant area on the taskbar, and then click Taskbar Settings on the context menu.

Step 2: Scroll down to the Notification Area section, and then click Select Which Icons Appear on the Taskbar.

Step 3: If you see the toggle next to Microsoft OneDrive turned off, simply turn it back on.

The OneDrive icon should now be visible on the system tray immediately. If it doesn’t, check among the hidden icons and just drag it out onto the system tray.

If the OneDrive icon isn't hidden, then the issue likely stems from a broken OneDrive cache. Hence, you need to perform a OneDrive reset and see if that fixes the problem.

LeoSeabra, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone
    By Barry Richards -
    February 25, 2016

More specifically, Windows 10 build 14271, which is the latest version of the Redstone preview that we have to.
    It moves further towards the ultimate retirement of the Control Panel.

The desktop one, that is.

Classic as it is, the Settings app is where the action is at in Windows 10 — as more and more options are being moved to this universal application. Redstone has just taken it one step further, and if this trend holds, we could see a range of new options part of Settings by the time this update for the OS arrives.

As noted, the latest version that Microsoft released moves the taskbar configuration options from the desktop Control Panel to Settings.

Take another big step towards this change.

Read more at Source

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone - Windows 10 News and Updates

hTconeM9user, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?

OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?

1. Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft said

2. When Microsoft is going to fix taskbar disappearing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Microsoft is going to fix taskbar disappearing issue.: This post aims to draw attention to the persistent bug in Windows 11, particularly concerning the disappearance of the taskbar after sleep mode. Despite exhaustive troubleshooting efforts, it's evident that this issue stems from a fundamental flaw within the Windows 11...
  3. When OneDrive gets fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When OneDrive gets fixed?: Yea - i am REALLY ANNOYED by this thing.I work mainly in the documents. I also dont like that some Games start installing folder in my documents.But now the biggest 'problem' i encountered was this:I installed Sims 4. It automatically created a folder in my documents. I saw...
  4. When OneDrive gets fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When OneDrive gets fixed?: Yea - i am REALLY ANNOYED by this thing.I work mainly in the documents. I also dont like that some Games start installing folder in my documents.But now the biggest 'problem' i encountered was this:I installed Sims 4. It automatically created a folder in my documents. I saw...
  5. Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?: I read that Microsoft was aware of and is working on fixing certain problems caused by one of the windows updates. Taskbar and Onedrive on my windows 10 laptop are not working properly. Whenever I restart or wake up my laptop, the taskbar freezes but eventually unfreezes, the...
  6. Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft said when they will be releasing the fix for taskbar, settings and Onedrive?: I read that Microsoft was aware of and is working on fixing certain problems caused by one of the windows updates. Taskbar and Onedrive on my windows 10 laptop are not working properly. Whenever I restart or wake up my laptop, the taskbar freezes but eventually unfreezes, the...
  7. OneDrive said it was full when it wasn't. Tried to fix it, now all my folders are empty....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive said it was full when it wasn't. Tried to fix it, now all my folders are empty....: Hello, sorry for the long post but please bear with me on this, I'm not great with techy stuff and don't know much about how OneDrive works, but this is really upsetting me and I haven't found a solution on how to fix this anywhere else. Sorry if the wording is a bit off too!...
  8. Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...: The OneDrive location is no longer visible or selectable from within File Indexing options. This seems like a deliberate choice as that folder can be seen by other apps and settings panels. I fear Microsoft has disabled this feature. Am I right?...
  9. OneDrive has gone from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has gone from Taskbar: Split from this thread. Tried everything through to the last one, but got a message saying something like "newer version installed - uninstall first". I think this happened last time I tried using your methods too... Eventually found the solution somewhere else. But it's...
  10. Microsoft password said to be incorrect when it Isn't.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft password said to be incorrect when it Isn't.: I can't log in to the Microsoft account on my laptop with the correct password either. Has anybody solved this problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-password-said-to-be-incorrect-when-it/978a9dd7-75e1-44f8-8afd-996decada244