Windows 10: Has Microsoft stopped supporting Mediacenter guide updates already?

Discus and support Has Microsoft stopped supporting Mediacenter guide updates already? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am aware of the demise of Mediacenter in the upcoming Windows 10 but right now I have it installed on 4 different computers in my home (including 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KnarfOH, Jul 23, 2015.

1. KnarfOH Win User

Has Microsoft stopped supporting Mediacenter guide updates already?

I am aware of the demise of Mediacenter in the upcoming Windows 10 but right now I have it installed on 4 different computers in my home (including 1 laptop). None of them will now update the guide? Is that something to do with Microsoft abandoning Mediacenter? One of my Windows 8.1 is strictly a DVR with 4 tuners. I wasn't planning on updating that computer for fear of loosing Mediacenter, but if they stop supporting tv guide updates, it will make no sense for me to keep it.

Is it just a fluck that I haven't been able to update the tv guide in Mediacenter? Or has support for that ceased already?

:)

KnarfOH, Jul 23, 2015
  2. raylo32 Win User

How will I watch and record TV shows using Windows 10 without Media Center?

Damn, this latest post reminds me how PO'ed I am at Microsoft for not porting MediaCenter DVR capablility to Windows 10. I really like Win10 but have left my HTPC on Win 7 to keep the DVR and guide functionaity. HEY MICROSOFT... get you heads out of
    your **** and add MediaCenter to Win 10!

raylo32, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Has Microsoft stopped supporting My Phone?

Yes, Seems the same... Microsoft has ditched it's own operating system and services. This is truly unfortunate 'cause there are many thousands people who are still using Windows Mobile 6.X versions and very few who are using Windows Phone 7 OS.

Ankit Purohit, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Has Microsoft stopped supporting Mediacenter guide updates already?

paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  5. KnarfOH Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Every time I start mediacenter it tells me that my guide will be out of date in fewer then 3 days and that I need to download it. I click on download and I allow the guide to be downloaded and I receive a message that it has been downloaded successfully but then when I open the guide, all I get is "no data available" for EVERY channel. When I restart mediacenter, it goes through the process again with the same results. I am in a loop.

i can watch LIVE TV but I can't seem to receive the programming information. I am using tuners and receiving over-the-air broadcasts only.

i am in the Columbus, Ohio area of the USA.

KnarfOH, Jul 23, 2015
  6. Unfortunately I am not sure on that, I don't use WMC myself, I use an alternative and came across the changes while reading about others

Hopefully someone else who uses WMC can offer some advice on changing the guide info

paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  7. KnarfOH Win User

Can you tell me your alternative? Either here or in a private message.

KnarfOH, Jul 23, 2015
  8. here is an interesting thread on this
    R.I.P., Windows Media Center

I am using MediaPortal at the moment for live TV
    and also testing Emby out, which is mainly a streaming service of local content, but in built tv coming soon

I am in the UK and the tv I receive on it is all FTA, so not sure how these work in the US

paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    You could try SichboPVR, its free and its pretty good for your TV needs.

swarfega, Jul 23, 2015
  10. KnarfOH Win User
    Found a suggestion that worked. Went into settings and chose another zip code in the Columbus Ohio area and allowed Media Center to search for available channels. Found the exact same channels but this time the EPG matched with the channels properly and my program listings are back.

i consider my problem SOLVED.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

KnarfOH, Jul 23, 2015
  11. johnrjs Win User
    Can you tell us what zip code works for Columbus OH? I have tried a few and non are working for me yet.

Thank you!

johnrjs, Jul 25, 2015
  12. johnrjs Win User

Columbus Ohio 43221 works!

johnrjs, Jul 25, 2015
  13. KnarfOH Win User
    The first one I used worked for me. I used 43210 which is the zip code for Ohio State Iniversity. Let me know if it works for you too. A previous poster said 43221 worked for them so there are 2 choices for you to try.

KnarfOH, Jul 26, 2015
  14. johnrjs Win User
    That "previous poster" was me, but it took me 6+ different zips to get there. TX

johnrjs, Jul 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Has Microsoft stopped supporting Mediacenter guide updates already? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft stopped

2. Microsoft Windows stopped and has to be closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows stopped and has to be closed.: I just have one question, which is related to Windows.So i am using a program called Razer Cortex, and in this program, there is a game booster which apparently gives you an fps boost in games, and i am using that, BUT, after i end my gameplay and it restores the normal...
  3. Microsoft Windows stopped and has to be closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows stopped and has to be closed.: I just have one question, which is related to Windows.So i am using a program called Razer Cortex, and in this program, there is a game booster which apparently gives you an fps boost in games, and i am using that, BUT, after i end my gameplay and it restores the normal...
  4. Microsoft has stopped functioning

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft has stopped functioning: I cant open Microsoft store- It doesn't recognise that I'm connectedI cant open Feedback hub-Just does nothingI cant create a new Contact us ticket-because the chat had ended the chat box is greyed out so cant carry on with the ticket nor can i create a new one as it keeps...
  5. Windows has stop updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has stop updating: I own A Lenovo Ideapad S145. From 2 to 3 months the windows update is not working properly. It is stuck on the "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319" . Every time I try to install it, it stops at 100% and show the message that there...
  6. dell support assistant has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell support assistant has stopped working: it will not launch despite indicating it is installed a pop up appears saying a new version is available but clicking on download produces an error occurrence after a period of time. I am operating windows 10...
  7. Windows has stopped updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows has stopped updating: I always received insider builds as soon as they were released but am not getting latest release 14986. I received 14965 but rolled back to 14959 because of problems with some of my apps. Would this have done something to updates? 72123
  8. A guide to Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    A guide to Microsoft Edge: A guide to Microsoft Edge How to master Microsoft's new Internet browser in Windows 10. A guide to Microsoft Edge | The Download Blog - CNET Download.com Found this on the Cnet forum under downloads thought some members might be interested in it Credit goes to...
  9. Security Update Guide ushers in a new era of Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 News
    Security Update Guide ushers in a new era of Microsoft updates: What do you think is the most important thing you can do to help secure both your client and server deployments? If you said, “apply security updates as soon as possible” – then you guessed right. Updating your applications, operating systems and firmware must be job...
  10. Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones

in Windows 10 News
    Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones: Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones Today, Windows 10 Mobile for selected Lumia has been officially announced by Microsoft. he operating system demoed by Microsoft almost one year ago. Windows Insiders were testing Windows 10 Mobile preview builds...