Windows 10: Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet

Discus and support Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I believe this also appeared on Google as well but here's a very recent (2 days ago approx) note from the BBC about security problem found... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Mar 2, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet

Hi there

I believe this also appeared on Google as well but here's a very recent (2 days ago approx) note from the BBC about security problem found in Edge and IE11 browsers.

Bad bug found in Microsoft browsing code - BBC News

I haven't had any update over this yet --anybody know if Ms has patched this problem yet.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 2, 2017
  2. PDW911 Win User

Printing from Microsoft Ege

I have the same issue and ran all of the diagnostics as well with no faults found....can't print to an external printer and can't print to Adobepdf maker or Wintopdf

My solution (as found on another web site...because we aren't the only ones having this issue) I changed my default browser to Firefox...more secure than IE, although I have Chrome, firefox and IE11 set up on task bar

I only use Edge for quicky look up stuff...edge is too quirky for 3rd party items....my IP security camera can't be viewed (via DNS) on edge because the plugin isn't supported..it works fine on IE11 and Firefox

Just dump edge as your primary browser and all of your headaches go away...I know MS put a lot of time into Edge, but it hasn't matured enough yet

PDW911, Mar 2, 2017
  3. Dasin Win User
    After w10 anniversary update cookies on BOA no longer working

Just noticed this happening on BOA only. Same problem with Edge and IE11. No problem with Chrome. No problem on my laptop which has no upgraded to w10 anniversary yet. All other sites OK. Called BOA, no help. Went in and toggled my security settings in BOA,
    no help. Every time I log into BOA, and I mean EVERY time in Edge or IE11 it will ask me my security question. Anyone else?

Thanks,

James

Dasin, Mar 2, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Mar 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Has Ms fixed security flaws found in Edge and IE11 yet - Similar Threads - Has fixed security

2. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  3. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  4. I found a flaw in Microsoft security system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I found a flaw in Microsoft security system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itMECROHFQQ&feature=share Here is the video of how they do it,a intruder can gain access to the system using cmd code...
  5. Crashes, security flaws and bad MS design.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Crashes, security flaws and bad MS design.: While I sit here enduring yet another crash of Windows due to some cryptic Microsoft bug I thought I would take the time to tell MS how I really feel about them. In 2010 I left MS Windows for the Mac after having used Windows Since Windows 95. To that point I had endured...
  6. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  7. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  8. TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11: O.K. Yesterday I ran a DISM restorehealth. When I went to reboot, I also had updates to install (that I hadn't noticed). Since then I have been unable to go to at least 2 sites due to a TLS security reason. I mean the browser(s) just flat out refuse to go there. No option to...
  9. Living on the “Edge”: 25 Security Flaws Found in MS Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Living on the “Edge”: 25 Security Flaws Found in MS Internet Explorer: Patch now, security experts recommend Windows users Internet Explorer is no longer the default Windows browser, and with Windows 10, Microsoft not only made this huge change to its operating system but it also took the first step towards introducing a universal browser...
  10. Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....

in Windows 10 News
    Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....: Security vulnerabilities will make the Internet of Things unusable in real life, despite all its cool new features [img] Security researchers at Kaspersky have decided to have a look at IoT-enabled devices and their lack of security measures. The results of their...