Windows 10: Has my CD been finalized?

Discus and support Has my CD been finalized? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I unsuccessfully tried to burn some files to a CD but the (Ashampoo) burning program stopped midway through and it looks as if nothing got finalized.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromberg, Dec 29, 2017.

1. bromberg Win User

Has my CD been finalized?

I unsuccessfully tried to burn some files to a CD but the (Ashampoo) burning program stopped midway through and it looks as if nothing got finalized. How can I verify if this is still a usable CD?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
    Dan

:)

bromberg, Dec 29, 2017
  2. m_Teng Win User

how come sonic cd has been delisted in my country, what will happen to my purchase when i want to reinstall?

thanks for the quick reply. my sonic cd copy is from the free version that was listed then pulled out after a while. i was planning to buy the xbox version, but it was no longer available availble in my country for some reason. then i switch my region
    to singapore/india/US, it was still listed

m_Teng, Dec 29, 2017
  3. how come sonic cd has been delisted in my country, what will happen to my purchase when i want to reinstall?

mahyarvahdat, Dec 29, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Select and try a different program. There are some lightweight burning programs on majorgeeks.com.

bro67, Dec 29, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    A flag is placed after a successful write to optical disk that represents finalizing or just end of sector (not finalized and writable after that sector) so if writing is not finished (unsuccessful) disk becomes unusable anyway.

CountMike, Dec 29, 2017
  6. bromberg Win User
    CountMike:
    Is this "flag" viewable for me to check the status and if the disc is not usable to burn can it at least be used to store (text, doc, spreadsheet, etc...) files?
    Thanks,
    Dan

bromberg, Dec 30, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    I'm afraid not, that CD is screwed permanently.

CountMike, Dec 30, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

It won't be useable, at the end the TOC is written then finalisation.
    If it's a CD-R bin it, if it's a CD-RW erase it and then reuse.

Helmut, Dec 30, 2017
  9. bromberg Win User
    Other than using a reusable CD, is there ever a case where a CD could be reused if a copy goes bad?
    Dan

bromberg, Dec 31, 2017
  10. bromberg Win User
    And there's no standard way to check if a CD has been finalized?
    I was hoping if a copy failed then the finalization may not have occurred?
    Dan

bromberg, Dec 31, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
    I haven't found a way and during the years I recorded or backed up hundreds of CD/DVDs and every 1 of 10 or so didn't work as it should.

CountMike, Dec 31, 2017
  12. bromberg Win User
    OK, thanks. I would've been surprised if there was a way to salvage a CD/DVD gone bad.
    Happy new year,
    Dan

bromberg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Has my CD been finalized? - Similar Threads - Has been finalized

2. Why is my CD not finalizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my CD not finalizing: when burning a cd, everything says complete and tries to finalize, an error message states that my drive is busy and the door opens. why is it stating that it is busy?this is the error message: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  3. Why is my CD not finalizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my CD not finalizing: when burning a cd, everything says complete and tries to finalize, an error message states that my drive is busy and the door opens. why is it stating that it is busy?...
  4. Why is my CD not finalizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my CD not finalizing: when burning a cd, everything says complete and tries to finalize, an error message states that my drive is busy and the door opens. why is it stating that it is busy?...
  5. how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10: how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10. Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I just burned some data files on a CD and now I need to finalize the CD. I did some search but can only find that windows 10 does this automatically. To test that I tried to add more files to...
  6. how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10: how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10. Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I just burned some data files on a CD and now I need to finalize the CD. I did some search but can only find that windows 10 does this automatically. To test that I tried to add more files to...
  7. how to finalize a burned cd in windows 10

8. Windows has finally broke my pc. Thanks!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has finally broke my pc. Thanks!: This ridiculous windows updates has finally broke my GPU. I thank you a lot for causing me this trouble. I wish to go back to windows 7 but windows 10 keeps poping on my screen to update to windows 10. My answer is to the microsoft is to go f yourselves. You finally broke my...
  9. How to Finalize a CD/DVD session Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Finalize a CD/DVD session Windows 10: As easy as this may sound you would think a quick search online would list-out a quick and easy "How To" process. I've yet to find it. There's also the misconception or incorrect correlation of two different and distinct processes of "closing" and "finalizing" a Burn...
  10. AIMP v 4.50 has been released as Final

AIMP v 4.50 has been released as Final: Download Center » AIMP for Windows AIMP v4.50, build 2056 18.12.2017 | 10.0 MByte | MD5: 9d08b820fb639774faf4c3f22d817ad5 [img] Requirements: Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (8.1) / Windows 10 Minimal screen resolution: 1024x768 Download from:...