Windows 10: Has my computer been infected or hacked?

Discus and support Has my computer been infected or hacked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I am on a PC running windows 10. Last night, I was batch renaming some files and suddenly found that my computer was taking a long time to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidG-inMTL, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Has my computer been infected or hacked?

Hello. I am on a PC running windows 10.

Last night, I was batch renaming some files and suddenly found that my computer was taking a long time to process the last request. The files I was renaming were on another drive that is sometimes sluggish. I ended up checking out my task menu and found that a program Avast Cleanup Premium seemed to be using a lot of resources so I attempted to shut it down. Shutdown was stubborn. Computer became less and less responsive. I decided to go and see if I could find a solution online. But when I went to use my regular browser Google Chrome the shortcuts in my task bar returned an error message and could not open. Same thing for the taskbar shortcut for Internet Explorer. I finally got Firefox to open up, but it brought a Malwarebytes page saying that the reason I was getting this message was because an infection was detected during my last scan. I have a free version of Malwarebytes on my computer and to my knowledge have not performed the scan in a while.

Any idea what this might be? Any suggestions?

[COLOR=rgba69, 69, 69, 1]
    [/COLOR]

:)

DavidG-inMTL, Mar 30, 2021
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Mar 30, 2021
  3. My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

My computer keeps shutting down by itself but it is not infected with a virus or hacked. What Do I do? The problem occurred yesterday.

Ethan Choojitarom, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Has my computer been infected or hacked?

Is my computer hacked?!!!

Hi SARRAF,

I don't believe your computer is "hacked"; but, you definitely have some malware. What I suggest is using Malwarebytes to clear the infection.

Go to Malwarebytes.com and download the free version and do a scan - it should find the Malware and cleanse it for you.

Let me know how it works.

RickFran84, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Has my computer been infected or hacked?

1. Has my computer been infected or hacked? - Similar Threads - Has computer been

2. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  3. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  4. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  5. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  6. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer has been hacked: There is a rambler.ru account on my computer that I didn't add and my microsoft account got deleted and I was wondering how I could get this account off my computer I tried a clean install of windows but it didn't work....
  8. My laptop has been hacked/infected

My laptop has been hacked/infected: I have an issues that virus service will not take seriously and I am not sure what to do. I know my boot file has been replaced. McAfee Live-safe has been setup to "look" like it is monitoring, but it does n"t install updates a scan will complete in 5 minutes. Defender is set...
  9. My computer has been hacked by a Trojan.

My computer has been hacked by a Trojan.: Today5/18/20 my computer was acting funny, it kept going to yahoo instead of google. I was wondering what happened, and when I looked it up, other people who had the same issue said it was a virus. So I installed Malwarebytes, and scanned my system and found 1 PUP, and 2197...
  10. My computer has been hacked

My computer has been hacked: My computer has been hacked and a hidden user has gained access. In an effort to delete default users, there are several now, I still cant find out how or where they are. I have disabled network sharing and turned off Wi-Fi and so far I haven't detected the...