Windows 10: Has One Drive matured enough to be used as an Instant Backup for Docs.

Discus and support Has One Drive matured enough to be used as an Instant Backup for Docs. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I would like to be able to save every document to "Both" Local -and - OneDrive at the nearly the same time. In the event i am not connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by questorfla, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Has One Drive matured enough to be used as an Instant Backup for Docs.

I would like to be able to save every document to "Both" Local -and - OneDrive at the nearly the same time. In the event i am not connected to the internet, I would be OK with waiting for the sync. I recently ran across several How To's showing various options but they still sounded more like a "Sync when OneDrive was ready" and those little green checkmarks don't always appear next to every document in a timely manner.

I have never been able to put my faith in the 'cloud' as every time i do, I end up losing something important. I gave up trying a couple years back but thought maybe OneDrive had matured enough to be reliable now

I have seen methods of setting what to Sync and where and how to make OneDrive my default Save location with the Local copy being synced down from the Cloud. I would prefer clicking "Save" to go to local My Documents AND to Onedrive at nearly the same time if it can be done.

I got tired of trying every new tutorial on the web to see if i could make this happen. This is something i want only with My Documents and I thought maybe someone had already been able to get something like this to work. I would appreciate it if anyone could pass along their ideas on how to best accomplish this. Whatever works reliably and with the least time delay possible.

:)

questorfla, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Has One Drive matured enough to be used as an Instant Backup for Docs.

Backup using file history

Hi Doug,

There are limited options when using backup and restore. We suggest that you create a full backup using Windows 10 system image tool, you need to connect external storage with enough available space. See steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
    • Under Where do you want to save the backup?, select the
      On a hard disk
      option.
    • Using the "On a hard disk" drop-down menu, select the storage to save the backup.
    • Click the Start backup button.

Note: Once you completed the steps, the wizard will proceed to create a full backup of your system, including everything that is stored on the main drive, as well as the system reserved partition.

Robelene Win, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Has One Drive matured enough to be used as an Instant Backup for Docs.

1. Has One Drive matured enough to be used as an Instant Backup for Docs. - Similar Threads - Has Drive matured

2. Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home, v. 21h1, OS build 19043.1288. Recently I have been receiving an error message when trying to do a manual copy of my OneDrive folder. The source drive has a total of 1 TB of capacity, with 312 GB free space. The destination drive an NAS drive...
  3. Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home, v. 21h1, OS build 19043.1288. Recently I have been receiving an error message when trying to do a manual copy of my OneDrive folder. The source drive has a total of 1 TB of capacity, with 312 GB free space. The destination drive an NAS drive...
  4. Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. One drive backup

One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  6. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  7. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Auto Backup to One Drive

Auto Backup to One Drive: I cannot stop One Drive from automatically backing up Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I have followed the instructions and unchecked the folders, yet the minute I close that window they are re-checked. If I had a rocket launcher......
  9. One Drive Backup

One Drive Backup: Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/e2952cbc-7dc2-4067-b180-1ebe999463fc"
  10. Backup drive has not enough space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup drive has not enough space: When trying to make an image backup I get"not enough space on drive" although it is a blank drive with 75 GB 25549