Windows 10: has something changed? My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window

Discus and support has something changed? My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I never paid much attention to this, but my body operating not under conscious control "told me" recently that when I move my cursor from one window to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Newmarket2, Sep 10, 2021.

1. has something changed? My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window

I never paid much attention to this, but my body operating not under conscious control "told me" recently that when I move my cursor from one window to another, I can no longer scroll the 2nd window without clicking on it somewhere.I know I'm not being precise....But, is there a setting that controls this?Or was there an OS patch that changed this?Not a big problem but I have to spend my precious mental focus doing things my body used to take care of without bothering me.Michael

:)

Newmarket2, Sep 10, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

has something changed?  My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 10, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

has something changed?  My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Bushka Win User

has something changed? My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

has something changed? My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window

1. has something changed? My cursor doesn't work just by moving to another window - Similar Threads - has something changed

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Just installed windows 10 but my internet doesn't work, the troubleshooter said something...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just installed windows 10 but my internet doesn't work, the troubleshooter said something...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItsTeaTimeHoes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/movn0f/just_installed_windows_10_but_my_internet_doesnt/
  6. My computer has just updated and my cursor has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer has just updated and my cursor has disappeared.: Tried Fn and the F Keys. This hasn't worked. Tried device manager but neither pointers nor human interface devices is there to select. Went to the manufacturers website to install the latest driver but I can't do that without a cursor. Any help would be grately...
  7. Cursor doesn't work, it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't work, it freezes: Whenever I boot up Roblox, I can play a little bit before my cursor freezes on the spot in-game, rendering it unplayable...is this an issue with ROBLOX or Windows? I can't play the game and my friends are sad that I can't play because I can't play. It works on normal desktop,...
  8. Why doesn't my ram changes change it works fine if I were to change something like the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't my ram changes change it works fine if I were to change something like the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kingelis99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efmnxw/why_doesnt_my_ram_changes_change_it_works_fine_if/
  9. Cursor changes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor changes not working: I prefer the classic windows cursor, however when I apply the cursor I want to use. It stays until I restart the pc, then it reverts back to the default one. How can I fix this? 123183
  10. Cursor changes not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor changes not working: I prefer the classic windows cursor, however when I apply the cursor I want to use. It stays until I restart the pc, then it reverts back to the default one. How can I fix this? 123183