Windows 10: has symbol on mac keyboard after windows 10 install

Discus and support has symbol on mac keyboard after windows 10 install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently uploaded Windows 10 to my MacBook using bootcamp, however I cannot seem to find / use the # symbol. No amount of shift, alt and 3 will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StuartRoss4, Apr 28, 2020.

1. has symbol on mac keyboard after windows 10 install

I have recently uploaded Windows 10 to my MacBook using bootcamp, however I cannot seem to find / use the # symbol. No amount of shift, alt and 3 will not make it work.
    Any ideas?

:)

StuartRoss4, Apr 28, 2020

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 28, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

has symbol on mac keyboard after windows 10 install

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

has symbol on mac keyboard after windows 10 install

1. has symbol on mac keyboard after windows 10 install - Similar Threads - has symbol mac

2. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?: I have installed windows 10 on my macbook air and the @ and " along withs are not mapped properly how do i correct this as t is very frustrating having to remender the differences all the time. Can anyone help me with this ?Thanks...
  3. Installation of windows 10 in Mac M1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of windows 10 in Mac M1: How can i install Windows 10 in my Apple Mac M1 chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-windows-10-in-mac-m1/585479b0-76b4-4b32-8fe9-3dc5becd73a9
  4. can't connect to internet after installing windows 10 on mac.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't connect to internet after installing windows 10 on mac.: I recently installed windows on my mac using bootcamp and it began by the windows setup. It asked: please connect to the internet or something, but it shows no networks. So I clicked on "don't have internet" and it continues with the installation. after it was finished I...
  5. How to remap Mac keyboard for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remap Mac keyboard for Windows 10: [ATTACH]The keyboard layout on a Mac computer is quite different from other laptops, especially […] This article How to remap Mac keyboard for Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 Install on MAC with Parallels 11 for MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install on MAC with Parallels 11 for MAC: Hello: I have a MAC that is running Parallels 11 for MAC. I want to upgrade to Parallels 16 and Windows 10 I am currently running Windows XP and need to move to Windows 10. How do I install Windows 10, do I upgrade to Parallels 16 first, then install Windows 10 or some...
  7. Snapping Windows On Mac Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping Windows On Mac Keyboard: Hello, I am working in Windows 10 remotely from home through a program called Centrify, with my macbook pro. I am able to snap windows by dragging them to one side of the screen, however it would be very helpful for me if I could do this using my keyboard. I know that with a...
  8. Install Windows 10 on Mac with Linux installed

Install Windows 10 on Mac with Linux installed: Hello all- I have a Mac which was wiped clean and has Linux installed on it. Now I would like to wipe it clean and install Windows on it but I am getting this error after I created a bootable Flashdrive with Win 10 on it during the boot, that is, I boot from the drive and...
  9. Installing windows 10 on a mac

Installing windows 10 on a mac: [IMG]Hey, i wanted to instal windows 10 on my macbook pro but ive been running into errors. Im using bootcamp but my mac is from 2012 and pretty bad. After putting in everything and waiting 2 hours for stuff to install or finish i get greeted with an error message (its...
  10. keyboard symbols incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard symbols incorrect: language symbols showing up for incorrect keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-symbols-incorrect/6de4c2b0-eb20-45e3-9339-3a202830d47c