Windows 10: Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued

Discus and support Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mail app version; Version 16005.12228.20410.0 This used to be available Add a contact from an email If you're using the Mail app, you can save a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Techbuzzard, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued

Mail app version; Version 16005.12228.20410.0
    This used to be available

Add a contact from an email
    If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email to the People app.

1. Select the Start button, then select Mail.
    2. Choose a message. Select the name of the person who sent it or any of the recipients.
    3. Select Save .
    4. If you've entered more than one email account in Mail, the People app asks you to decide which account should receive the new contact. Choose which account to use.
    5. Add any additional information, then select Save.

:)

Techbuzzard, Jan 23, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Sam Vimes Win User
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued

email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued

1. Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued - Similar Threads - Has ability create

2. Has Phone Link been discontinued?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Phone Link been discontinued?: Tried setting up Phone Link. It says I don't have an account, I do. It's a work account that I rarely have issues with when using other Microsoft apps like Outlook or Teams. Logged into Microsoft 365 to see if it was turned off somehow but it doesn't show up as one of the...
  3. Has Phone Link been discontinued?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Phone Link been discontinued?: Tried setting up Phone Link. It says I don't have an account, I do. It's a work account that I rarely have issues with when using other Microsoft apps like Outlook or Teams. Logged into Microsoft 365 to see if it was turned off somehow but it doesn't show up as one of the...
  4. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  5. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  6. Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app

Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app: Hello There is a new Windows feature that let's you to call via "Your Phone" app. It is cool. But there's something missing. In "People" app which contacts are, there is an option to call them via Skype but there is no option to call via Phone. Please add a feature to call...
  7. Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App: How do you add a person to your Contacts/People from their email? Until a few months ago , I could click on their icon or email address in their email to me, and it would be saved. Now, if I click on their email address, I just get an option to save the link. I have to...
  8. Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App: I can't seem to figure out if you can create a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 app. Am I missing something? submitted by /u/Xx-Supadupa-xX [link] [comments]...
  9. Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts

Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts: Hi, How do I get searches in the mail app to return all results? It seems to only return results from unread emails (confession, I'm rubbish at deleting email so have a lot of those!) or from contacts. Which makes it nearly (or sometimes totally) impossible to find things...
  10. Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App: Hello, I recently discovered that there is no backup or mail export feature in the Windows 10 Mail app. I need this capability so I intend to move to another email client (probably Thunderbird). I have two accounts in the W10 mail app, one Gmail and one POP3 account. The...