Windows 10: Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed?

Discus and support Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I use Snip & Sketch with HDR on under Win10, the screenshots show with all colors messed up. Anyone has found a way to fix this? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/El_Enemigo, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed?

When I use Snip & Sketch with HDR on under Win10, the screenshots show with all colors messed up.

Anyone has found a way to fix this?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/El_Enemigo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/El_Enemigo, Oct 11, 2020

2. Screenshot functionality seems to fail when one of two screens is in HDR mode

Thanks Vijay,

The issue is not fixed, but I submitted the bug using your suggestion:

Windows Key+F

Even though my telemetry settings are locked down, when launching the app it took a screenshot of my full desktop - which is enough.

I'll disable HDR as a workaround.

AgentMyth_SL, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Screenshot functionality seems to fail when one of two screens is in HDR mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Geforce 1050 Ti driver 418.91

I have one screen in 1920x1080@144Hz (ASUS VG248QE) and a second screen in 3840x2160@60Hz (BenQ PD2700U, 4K).

HDR is enabled on the 4K screen.

Problem statement:

When using the screenshot function that I've demonstrated with Snip, the image colours on the HDR screen are badly affected.

Evidence:

The demonstration image shows a reference PNG image (Kodak Image 08) on Internet Explorer being shown on both screens. The HDR screen holds the right side of the image.

The same result is shown with other screenshot applications (e.g. Greenshot).

The issue is not present when using just the HDR screen.

Question:

It appears that the screenshot functionality cannot handle the difference between HDR and non-HDR displays and treats the HDR pixels as non-HDR, losing colour information. I'd guess this is a bug and suggest that the screenshot methods should default to
    the HDR image and translate non-HDR pixels to HDR versions.

Image below.

Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed? [​IMG]

AgentMyth_SL, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed?

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : imgur.com

Full screen mode (HDR off) : imgur.com

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed? :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed?

1. Has the bug for screenshots with HDR has been fixed? - Similar Threads - Has bug screenshots

2. has there been a fix for update KB5034441

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    has there been a fix for update KB5034441: has there been a fix for update KB5034441 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-there-been-a-fix-for-update-kb5034441/bee09820-53ab-4cca-823e-a306a51a272d
  3. Has the Windows 11 battery bug been fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has the Windows 11 battery bug been fixed?: In November of 2022 I bought a Lenovo T15p. This laptop had everything I wanted on it, high performance graphics card, great RAM, awesome hard drive space, but terrible battery life. I found out later that the reason for the pore battery life was because of Windows 11. When...
  4. Has the Windows 11 battery bug been fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has the Windows 11 battery bug been fixed?: In November of 2022 I bought a Lenovo T15p. This laptop had everything I wanted on it, high performance graphics card, great RAM, awesome hard drive space, but terrible battery life. I found out later that the reason for the pore battery life was because of Windows 11. When...
  5. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc has been bugging: my pc has been bugging for about a week showing the battery icon even though I don't have a battery, also always saying " the update has failed" and the mouse sometimes just stops movingcan someone help?...
  6. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc has been bugging: my pc has been bugging for about a week showing the battery icon even though I don't have a battery, also always saying " the update has failed" and the mouse sometimes just stops movingcan someone help?...
  7. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Screenshot Has Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot Has Disappeared.: I used to Fn + Print Screen to screen shot ....... and a small picture would pop out of the right lower portion of the screen and make a noise....you could click on the image to edit or leave it alone to slide back out of sight ......where it would always be saved in a...
  9. HDR Screenshots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR Screenshots: [ATTACH] Hi all, So i recently got a new computer & a HDR monitor to go with it. Everything looks really nice, but i do have an issue with taking screenshots or using the snipping tool. the pictures that are captured while HDR is turned on looks really washed out, is...
  10. Firefox has Screenshots

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox has Screenshots: A “screenshot” is created when you capture what’s on your computer screen, so you can save it as a reference, put it in a document, or send it as an image file for others to see exactly what you see. [img] And when it comes to taking screenshots that are fast and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS SCREENSHOT FADED COLORS