Windows 10: Has the cryptocurrency craze now made hard drive prices skyrocket?

Discus and support Has the cryptocurrency craze now made hard drive prices skyrocket? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I received my regular email from Newegg regarding their current super deals. One thing that caught my attention was: Todays Shell Shocker Deal!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MisterEd, Jun 10, 2021.

1. MisterEd Win User

Has the cryptocurrency craze now made hard drive prices skyrocket?

Today I received my regular email from Newegg regarding their current super deals. One thing that caught my attention was: Todays Shell Shocker Deal! 24HRs Only! Western Digital Elements 14TB $359.99 To me the real shocker was that I just bought the Western Digital Elements 12TB only a year ago for $199.99. I checked and saw that the Western Digital Elements 12TB now is $309.99. I found the following articles from a couple months ago: Hard Drive Prices Skyrocket In Asia Due to New Chia Cryptocoin, Scalpers Capitalize Chia Coin Spurs HDD Shortage: Prices Up, High Capacities Sell Out Those articles said that hard drive price spikes were limited to Asia only and would not affect the rest of the world. I then checked the Keepa Amazon price tracker. It shows that the price for the drive I bought did spike recently. https://graph.keepa.com/pricehistory...M3B&domain=com Has anyone else seen the same thing? Is this a short term anomaly or this a long term trend that will affect more and more computer hardware as the value of cryptocurrency continues to rise.

:)

MisterEd, Jun 10, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 10, 2021
  3. little cat, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Has the cryptocurrency craze now made hard drive prices skyrocket? - Similar Threads - Has cryptocurrency craze

2. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  3. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  4. I downloaded something sketchy, and now it has made an undeletable drive, with undeletable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded something sketchy, and now it has made an undeletable drive, with undeletable...: I downloaded something that later seamed to be sketchy, it has made a new drive that is undeletable in cmd or powershell and non of the folders i am able to delete, when i clicked on setup in the drive and followed the instructions it seamed really sketchy thats when i...
  5. I downloaded something sketchy, and now it has made an undeletable drive, with undeletable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded something sketchy, and now it has made an undeletable drive, with undeletable...: I downloaded something that later seamed to be sketchy, it has made a new drive that is undeletable in cmd or powershell and non of the folders i am able to delete, when i clicked on setup in the drive and followed the instructions it seamed really sketchy thats when i...
  6. What if Microsoft AI “cortana”made Microsoft cryptocurrency traceable like Bitcoin follow...

in Cortana
    What if Microsoft AI “cortana”made Microsoft cryptocurrency traceable like Bitcoin follow...: https://www.smartdatacollective.com/has-machine-learning-made-cryptocurrencies-traceable/amp/Machine learning is AI falls under quantum What if someone made Microsoft cryptocurrency traceable like bitcoinMicrosoft cryptocurrency voting systems mobile app blockchain open...
  7. Bitlocker activated when hard drive replaced, now has locked up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker activated when hard drive replaced, now has locked up drive: My laptop was purchased in 2019 with Windows 10 Home, which doesn't include Bitlocker, so when I registered with Microsoft 365, there was no Bitlocker key assigned . While under warranty, SSD C drive failed, so asurion replaced it, but loaded a different Windows 10 product...
  8. New hard drive, what now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hard drive, what now?: How do I install Windows 10 onto a new hard drive I got? My last one died so I bought a new one. Do I really need to buy a copy of Windows 10 for like $120 or is there an easier way?? I've heard of the Windows 7/Windows 8 free update but I don't know how to get those...
  9. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.: I upgraded my C Drive and now my SSD drive wont allow access. It shows the drive in Device Manager but in file manager all it shoes is the drive with a ? on it. What do I do?...
  10. Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...s-card-prices/ I've been trying to buy for example EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB GDDR5, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan). EVGA sells it on their web site for $349 but not available. In fact none of their 1060's are...