Windows 10: Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10

Discus and support Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I powered up just now at 6.56am, there was a security alert email from Microsoft. I've subscribed to receive them. Here's an extract from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10

When I powered up just now at 6.56am, there was a security alert email from Microsoft. I've subscribed to receive them. Here's an extract from the start of it. It was much longer than this."Title: Microsoft Security Update Revisions Issued: July 28, 2021. Summary: The following advisory and CVE have undergone major revision increments. ADV210003 - ADV210003 Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS Version: 1.1"So I clicked on "Settings > Check for Updates" and then saw for an extremely brief moment something along the lines of Then up flashed

:)

Taffy087, Jul 29, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10

1. Has the latest Update disappeared? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Has latest Update

2. My taskbar disappeared in the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar disappeared in the latest update: After keeping the update overnight, my taskbar and start menu both have disappeared.On the left it shows: Windows 11 Home Single Language Evaluation copy. Build 22581 .ni_release.220318-1523. The screen also disappears for a moment every 5-10 seconds. Please help....
  3. My taskbar disappeared in the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar disappeared in the latest update: After keeping the update overnight, my taskbar and start menu both have disappeared.On the left it shows: Windows 11 Home Single Language Evaluation copy. Build 22581 .ni_release.220318-1523. The screen also disappears for a moment every 5-10 seconds. Please help....
  4. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update: Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings... Both sound sliders... the one that appears on the top left and the one on the taskbar....
  5. My Outlook app disappeared with the latest Windows 10 update

My Outlook app disappeared with the latest Windows 10 update: I tried to launch Outlook 2016/365 after the latest Windows 10 update. It goes through "processing" then stops. Won't open in safe mode. Can't even find Outlook in the list of Apps. Windows 10 set Mail and Calendars as my default email handler with this update. This is...
  6. latest Windows 10 update no longer has multiplescreen

latest Windows 10 update no longer has multiplescreen: since yesterdays update 6/11/2020 the background wall picture no longer spreads over both screens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-10-update-no-longer-has/ce63cea5-dfd4-4c27-9cdb-78797cc0705c
  7. Update history has disappeared

Update history has disappeared: I did a clean legal install of Win10 on Jan 6, 2020. Updates were immediately dowloaded including the features update 1909. Since then updates have been dowloading and installing normally and showing up in "installed updates". Today I looked at "installed updates" and...
  8. Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update has made my brightness slider/function disappear. (Literally can't...: I just got home to my computer laptop having been updated. I went to adjust the brightness, but I do not have any form of brightness control. The add-on to the ease of access bar is non-existent. When I go to "edit ease of access bar" there is NO option to add the...
  9. latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio: Please help, I've tried the online fixes, Windows 10 has mucked up my NEW pc good and proper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-10-update-has-kiiled-my-audio/cccc4067-1712-4c03-85ac-0b95c0c88adb
  10. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours...