Windows 10: Has the lock in find my device worked?

Discus and support Has the lock in find my device worked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sophia 909, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Has the lock in find my device worked?

My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email saying they had already locked it, but when I went back to the find my device page, there weren't options for me to erase the device and the battery still showed 0%. Today I signed in to my account on another device and opened the find my device page, it showed that both devices were at 0% battery even though, the device I

:)

Sophia 909, Nov 25, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks.

Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section):
    Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.
    (last post)

Has the lock in find my device worked? [​IMG]

This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried.

That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried.

Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?

Has the lock in find my device worked? [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Has the lock in find my device worked?

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Has the lock in find my device worked?

1. Has the lock in find my device worked? - Similar Threads - Has lock find

2. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  3. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  4. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  6. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  7. Find my device not working

Find my device not working: Windows can't track my laptop.How to restore that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device-not-working/7897e7a6-9451-4c73-869b-15f938f4feea
  8. Has the lock in find my device worked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  9. Has the lock in find my device worked?

Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  10. Find my device lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device lock: I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out of town with the laptop?...