Windows 10: Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail?

Discus and support Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to be able to scroll down to the bottom of a mail box and click 'search online' - this no longer appears. The only thing that appears is "Don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by willphule, Dec 15, 2019.

1. willphule Win User

Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail?

I used to be able to scroll down to the bottom of a mail box and click 'search online' - this no longer appears. The only thing that appears is "Don't see what you're looking for? Try using different keywords"

:)

willphule, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 15, 2019
  3. WIndows 10 Mail app search function not finding content of emails

That's correct, we suggest that you
    delete your account from the Mail application
    in order to re-sync the mail servers by signing in. After the account has been removed, re-login by following the steps on the link provided on the previous post. Once you're done, test the search function
    and see if the issue persists.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail?

Crucial: Whats wrong with Mail App Search Function

thanks for your suggestion, and no, the windows search index was not the problem. it's the mail app that does not work as expected:

expected behavior:

1. type a keyword
    2. return search results containing that keyword

observed behavior:

1. type a keyword
    2. no results
    3. search online
    4. still no results and no error msg

MasCaritas, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail?

1. Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail? - Similar Threads - Has search online

2. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Cortana
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  3. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  4. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11: I am unable to put or see thumbnails on my folders using folder.jpg. There have been a raft of features that Microsoft has taken out of windows 11, that need to be PUT BACK! This is only one. Why MS decided to knowingly DOWNGRADE and cripple the UI so severely is beyond me!...
  6. Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11

Folder.jpg functionality has been removed from Windows 11: I am unable to put or see thumbnails on my folders using folder.jpg. There have been a raft of features that Microsoft has taken out of windows 11, that need to be PUT BACK! This is only one. Why MS decided to knowingly DOWNGRADE and cripple the UI so severely is beyond me!...
  7. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?: Windows 10 used to detect our Captive Portal as per this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/captive-portals Using wireshark, I can not see any request going out to www.msftncsi.com, has this feature been removed? I did see...
  8. Windows Mail Search function Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mail Search function Error: When searching e-mails on windows mail, When I use the search online function and additional results are returned, If I try to click on one of those search results the program starts rapidly clearing all of the results from the search, one by one, including the one I wish...
  9. Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working: Hello, I think this just started with the latest update to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App. When I do a search for something and have to click on "Search Online" to get older results, when I click on any of those results the app starts "deleting" the entire search...
  10. Search function in mail app not working

Search function in mail app not working: Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy Search icon just spins forever and no results appear. Can send and receive mail as normal. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? Many thanks in advance...