Windows 10: Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

Discus and support Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/demaniax_99, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ?

I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me.

submitted by /u/demaniax_99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/demaniax_99, Aug 12, 2020

2. Defragmenting SSD

Hello everyone! Should I use the Windows 10 built-in Disk Defragmentation to defragment my SSD? Some internet sources suggest that SSDs should never be defragmented.

Nikos Lagios, Aug 12, 2020
  3. defrag Windows 10 ssd - "gone"

when I click the Defragment and Optimize Drives after typing in "defrag" in the windows 10 search window, nothing happens. nothing. And even bringing this up see image below, and clicking "Optimize" nothing happens. In the past, a few days ago, a dialog
    box opened giving me some options. now the "Analyze" function isn't even available. WHAT HAPPENED!?

Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ? c2de3b18e8d344829eb49efff8b203f0.jpg

[Original title: defrag windows 10 ssd - "gone"]

GeorgeFotion, Aug 12, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

defrag Windows 10 ssd - "gone"

An SSD should not be defragmented.

BulldogXX, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

1. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ? - Similar Threads - Has SSD Defrag

2. Defrag a SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag a SSD: I have been told by Norton it is safe to use the defrag tool that is built into Windows even on a SSD. I was very worried about it because I have damaged a SSD before by defragmenting it. I used a third party tool then though. Has Norton lied to me about this. I had paid for...
  3. Defrag a SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defrag a SSD: I have been told by Norton it is safe to use the defrag tool that is built into Windows even on a SSD. I was very worried about it because I have damaged a SSD before by defragmenting it. I used a third party tool then though. Has Norton lied to me about this. I had paid for...
  4. Defrag SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag SSD: I have read defragging a SSD (Solid State drive) can greatly shorten its life so i have turned off scheduled maintenance for C & D discs however it seems to turn itself back on again over time (i am not sure when) is there a way of uninstalling windows 10 defrag or a...
  5. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 Defrag Bug.: Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-defrag-bug/13d0fd18-7c04-43a6-94e4-fc1ba0038789
  6. Defragment tool bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defragment tool bugged?: I just checked the Defragmentation tool randomly and saw that the "Last analyzed or optimized" row says "Never run", even though back when I upgraded to Windows 10 5 months ago I've scheduled it to run weekly. I've checked it again 2 months ago and it was working fine, and so...
  7. Defrag Bug

Defrag Bug: Does anyone have any idea how to prevent Windows from doing it? Do i just go here and disable "Scheduled optimization" on all drives? I have 2 SSDs (one M.2 NVME, one SATA) and 1 HDD. An update released yesterday, perhaps that fixed it? How often do i need to trim my SSDs and...
  8. Can't disable SSD defrag bug in Windows 10 2004

Can't disable SSD defrag bug in Windows 10 2004: Hello. So I have a laptop with this new version of Windows 10, and it only has one SSD unit (C:), so when I try to choose which units should not defrag automatically, it doesn't let me save my changes, as it's the only unit. https://imgur.com/a/oACqyLj 4 screenshots of the...
  9. Defragmenting SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragmenting SSD: Hello everyone! Should I use the Windows 10 built-in Disk Defragmentation to defragment my SSD? Some internet sources suggest that SSDs should never be defragmented. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-ssd/a3aac7a1-64d5-4c2d-a1eb-7b62401e340d
  10. To defrag or not to defrag? (non-SSD)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To defrag or not to defrag? (non-SSD): My secondary drive in my system is a 2TB standard hard drive. Windows 10 defrag (both UI and the command line) tells me that I do not need to defrag the disk, as it is "0% fragmented" but upon delving a little further (adding the /V switch) I notice that it doesn't include...