Windows 10: Has the start menu changed in a recent update?

Discus and support Has the start menu changed in a recent update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya guys, I've just done a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new build. I noticed there are a couple of bits I can't seem to get back to how they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkL057, Aug 22, 2016.

1. MarkL057 Win User

Has the start menu changed in a recent update?

Hiya guys,
    I've just done a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new build.
    I noticed there are a couple of bits I can't seem to get back to how they were before, last time it was the free upgrade from win7, this time it was a clean install via windows 10 media creation tool.

I've attached a screenshot of how my start menu looks now, before reinstalling I had the power, settings and file explorer at the bottom of the start menu as a list, along with 'all apps', which would open the A-Z list of apps.
    As you can see now, the power etc are now icons on the left, with all the apps as a permanent presence next to them.

It's not a huge issue, but something that's frustrating me that I can't figure out how to change it back, I don't launch apps from the A-Z so i'd rather not have it there.

Has this changed in a recent update or something? My PC was without internet for a few months until today so maybe I missed a change.

I have checked and I have the latest build of windows.

Thanks, Mark.

:)

MarkL057, Aug 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 start menu has changed

The start menu that I has customized (personalized) on my desktop pc has changed by itself...possibly has reverted to the menu that was installed when I upgraded to Windows 10...Is there anyway to the one I designed back?

LindaLanquist, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 start menu has changed

I deleted the startup 8 menu and my windows 10 start up menu returned. I took a chance and it worked. Hope everyone has the same good luck.

I still don't have a Windows Edge icon in the task bar. Would appreciate any help with this matter.

JCooper615, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Mystere, Aug 22, 2016
  5. MarkL057 Win User
    MarkL057, Aug 22, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    You "missed" it? It's all anyone has been talking about for weeks.... Lol. Must have been quite an outage.

Mystere, Aug 22, 2016
  7. MarkL057 Win User
    Yeah my PC hasn't been online for about 2 months, and still on windows 7 at work, now I've looked this up I can see it's been talked about a lot though!

MarkL057, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Has the start menu changed in a recent update? - Similar Threads - Has start menu

2. Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.: A recent windows 10 update changed the background and tile colors. I have tried the fixes recommended but none of them work. I am not sure why this was done but the visibility of the tiles, etc based on the default color changes is very poor. How do I get back my old color...
  3. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  4. Recent application in start menu

Recent application in start menu: The start menu use to show applications that you recently opened. Not sure when it happened, but they are no longer there. Is there a way to bring this back?...
  5. Start menu font has changed

Start menu font has changed: Can anyone tell me why the search bar font has changed? I don't know the font name but much wider then before almost fills the space. Also, when I click in the search bar it reverts back to the original font. Can anyone help me to change it back please?...
  6. Menu has changed after 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu has changed after 1903 Update: Greetings, I installed the 1903 Update and now I noticed two entries at the bottom of my start menu. See screen shot for clarity of this. Any suggestions to remove or why they are showing up there? Thank you, 133288
  7. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  8. Start Menu Recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Recent files: On windows 7 it's convenient to have recent file at Start menu. How can I find this on windows 10? 11471
  9. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  10. Recent Update to the start menu and taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Update to the start menu and taskbar icons: Hi, So I've been using Windows 10 for about a week, everything was positive, until today. I downloaded the OS a good few weeks before I installed it so I'm not sure how up-to-date it was, however it's just completely updated itself (I'm not sure which build it is, or...