Windows 10: Has there been a recent change to how pictures are saved/stored? Windows 10

Discus and support Has there been a recent change to how pictures are saved/stored? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having difficulties in the last week or so saving and retrieving photos so that e.g. I can insert an image here. Previously, I'd save them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taffy087, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Has there been a recent change to how pictures are saved/stored? Windows 10

I've been having difficulties in the last week or so saving and retrieving photos so that e.g. I can insert an image here.

Previously, I'd save them in my OneDrive > Pictures > picture name and it was very easy to retrieve them and insert them here by getting to File Explorer via 'windows symbol+E'.

I can't find them now using the above method. What happens now is that when I've saved them as above they are now actually saved in C:\Users\my name\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures\picture name.

In case it's relevant, I probably save 99.9% as snips.

I can't find any change recorded in recent WUs and I haven't changed any of my settings so has something happened to cause this, please?

:)

Taffy087, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Feb 15, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Has there been a recent change to how pictures are saved/stored? Windows 10

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Has there been a recent change to how pictures are saved/stored? Windows 10

1. Has there been a recent change to how pictures are saved/stored? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Has been recent

2. Has Microsoft Store Notifications or Notifications In General Changed Recently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft Store Notifications or Notifications In General Changed Recently?: Hello,I have noticed on my HP desktop and on my wife's HP laptop that whenever the Microsoft Store updates an App or Apps either when we update them manually in the Store or when the Store updates an App automatically in the background we no longer get any notifications that...
  3. Has Microsoft Store Notifications or Notifications In General Changed Recently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft Store Notifications or Notifications In General Changed Recently?: Hello,I have noticed on my HP desktop and on my wife's HP laptop that whenever the Microsoft Store updates an App or Apps either when we update them manually in the Store or when the Store updates an App automatically in the background we no longer get any notifications that...
  4. Has Microsoft Store Notifications or Notifications In General Changed Recently?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How to change an email that has already been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change an email that has already been deleted: A few months ago I deleted my email and now I forget to change the email for my Microsoft account. When I am trying to change it is says a verification code has been sent but I can not access it since the email has been deleted and there is no other verification method that I...
  6. Unable to save changed pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save changed pictures: Message: Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version: 18363.900 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-changed-pictures/ca4edd86-7384-4a67-90da-a12ab2865b00
  7. How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated: How do I change my Window 10 email login account?? When I first installed Windows 10 on my virtual machine, it was set up to login with my email address - it was a working account. Since then -- the account has been deactivated - so I no longer have any access to it...
  8. picture viewer has a problem saveing a photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    picture viewer has a problem saveing a photos: I want to save a picture in picture viewer, I enter my security pin which I know is correct and a page comes back saying ""Something went wrong to try again later" this has been happening for months with no solution!!!! Please Help!!!!!! *** Email address is removed for...
  9. Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?: It's been probably about a year or more since I've played with Storage Spaces. Back when I was experimenting with it, it was simply horrendous, especially trying to recover from situations where I purposely "failed" a disk. I actually played with it extensively at the time...
  10. Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?: It's been probably about a year or more since I've played with Storage Spaces. Back when I was experimenting with it, it was simply horrendous, especially trying to recover from situations where I purposely "failed" a disk. I actually played with it extensively at the time...