Windows 10: Has W10 fixed these problems yet?

Discus and support Has W10 fixed these problems yet? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy folks! I'm (still) a W7 holdout. I tried '10' a year or so ago but it bit me, so i rolled back. What went wrong? Following is a list... (I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by infinice, Nov 4, 2018.

1. infinice Win User

Has W10 fixed these problems yet?

Howdy folks!
    I'm (still) a W7 holdout. I tried '10' a year or so ago but it bit me, so i rolled back. What went wrong? Following is a list... (I'm not here just to gripe- that doesn't help anybody. But if i describe my problems, others will probably share them and be helped when you provide your fixes.) Here's hoping...
    1] I got "Default App" nags when MS decided i should be using their apps to open a given type of content. And i couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Is that fixed yet???
    2] Does one still need to enter ones PIN? (I can't remember if this was a problem, or just a niggle i didn't like.)
    3] Cortona was in my face, obtrusive and couldn't be disabled. Can it now be turned off. (I like using W7's Listary- so does W10 have an equivalent?)
    4] VideoRemix/Photos was interesting but i couldn't manage to download it, much less make it work. And, by the way, i don't have or want home internet so can i get it in an offline installer, and use windows 10 safely/easily without internet generally?
    5] Are Office365 ads still present? Can they, and ads generally, be turned off, really, and not just theoretically?
    6] I noticed that W10's "Help" was heavily internet-dependent- being mostly a list of links (lame!). Has that improved?
    7] I encountered a rez bug- it stuck W10's display at overly-high rez? I couldn't find a fix. Does anybody know of one?
    8] does anybody know of actual benchmarks? Reviews, and MS, claim speed gains but nobody (!) proves it.
    9] And here's my biggie that alone prompted nuking W10 with prejudice... when i swapped a hard drive it forced me to reactivate! That's a PITA, but it's even worse when you're internetless. HAS THIS BEEN FIXED?
    10] I love CursorFX, WindowsFX, Autohidedesktopicons (invaluable!), CinemaDrape (frames that darken background), Dexpose2 (best task switcher), Gapa (handy contrast/brightness changer), Vitrite (transparency controller), WinPatrol, and a better mousetrap word processor called CryptEdit. Does W10 run them, or have good substitutes? HOW IS W7 COMPATIBILITY GENERALLY?

Yeah, i'm asking for a lot of help, and i suspect i won't get (enough) answers. Too bad- because without them i don't think i'll bother to retry W10, and i do lust for its new dark themes. Thanks for reading this far.

Skeleton walks into a bar, orders a beer and a mop.

:)

infinice, Nov 4, 2018

2. Trixx and W10 Problems

@W1zzard

What's the deal with trixx these days?

I mean, with W10 it f*cks with the card and locks the last set clock even though the check box to restore clocks is checked/ unchecked whatever...

I know its a W10 thing but is there anyway you could fix this or suggest a fix?

I cant boot once I've set my cards to high.. well it boots then artifacts and then blank screen.

I used the latest version of trixx and the 635235030956777758 one 4.8.2 me thinks (the trusted one) but even this version screws with the system...

Any Ideas?

And also besides the BS wait 2 crashes in W10 to happen just to goto safe mode How can I get there besides waiting for windows to do its 2 times blank screen?

Even in safe mode and removing the software, the card is locked to the last bad clock, and I've spent some time playing around to get things back to normal but nothing works except a clean OS install.

W1zzard can you help?

Thanks man

fullinfusion, Nov 4, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 4, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Has W10 fixed these problems yet? - Similar Threads - Has W10 fixed

2. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  3. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  4. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Your system administrator has blocked this program - NOT FIXED YET!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your system administrator has blocked this program - NOT FIXED YET!: Hi I have seen many posts similar to my problem but no solution [on-line or elsewhere] has ever worked! I am trying to run a simple batch file in Windows 10 Start-Up, but it will NOT run there BUT it will run from a desktop shortcut. This is a very recent phenomenon -...
  6. Has this issue been fixed yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has this issue been fixed yet?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5xd88y/how_do_i_disable_windows_space_hotkey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 submitted by /u/boraglryz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3a1id/has_this_issue_been_fixed_yet/
  7. May UPDATE has not yet arrived yet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May UPDATE has not yet arrived yet: Am I right in thinking it is not surprising that the May UPDATE has not yet become available? My Tablet PC will not have been in the first waves and I know MS is being cautious, for good reasons. I am getting impatient though, because I am struggling with some issues which I...
  8. 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???: I like many others have played MS FS Vs 9 and X for a long time. My elderly trusty many times rebuilt 32 bit PCs mobo finally went bang last year and has been replaced with a nice new shiny Win10 x64 quad core thing. However ive struggled to reinstall FS9 and X, NEITHER...
  9. Yet another W10 sleep bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet another W10 sleep bug: My daughters HP laptop had sleep issues when W10 came out but one of the W10 updates fixed it. It recently started having sleep problems - One of the W10 updates most likely broke it again. (currently running 14393.479) I noticed that if you turn the laptop ON, don't...
  10. Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!: [img] Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix Thanks Kieran! 28242