Windows 10: Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to...

Discus and support Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I installed Win 10 Pro 2004 build 19041.264 on a laptop. Usually I set up a password but also use the auto login feature available... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cryptonik_Teemo, May 29, 2020.

1. Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to...

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Win 10 Pro 2004 build 19041.264 on a laptop. Usually I set up a password but also use the auto login feature available when you open User Accounts via netplwiz. But when I opened User Accounts in the new Win 10 Pro 2004 install the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" was missing. Please see screenshot below.

Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to... 30bc632f-83eb-4b15-ba2e-84c5c18efbd7?upload=true.jpg

Has this been removed in Win 10 Pro 2004? Or is there somewhere I need to go to enable the option to show up again.

Thanks

:)

cryptonik_Teemo, May 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Lock screen - "Other user" option missing User name and Password fields

This is seen on domain joined Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Under some circumstances clicking the "Other user" option at the lock screen with a user logged in will not display the User name and Password fields. Using tab and enter to select the current user then "Other user" will make them display. Has anybody else
    seen this issue?

Full repo instructions. There may be a quicker way to get into this state, but this is consistent:

• Have User1 logged in
    • Lock the screen
    • Enter an empty password 6 times for User1
    • Windows will display "Welcome..." message for a few seconds, then "The password is incorrect. Try again."
    • Clicking ok will go to the "Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to unlock" screen
    • Click "Other user"
    • Username and Password fields are missing
    To get out of this state:

• Press Tab untill User1 is highlighted
    • Press Enter
    • Press Tab until "Other user" is highlighted
    • Press Enter
    • User name and Password fields are now displayed

ChrisEvansXU, May 29, 2020
  3. how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 29, 2020
  4. Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to...

User Name

Hi Bradford,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to have your name instead of email address at login screen.
    If you are using Microsoft account for logging to the system then it will be hard to remove email address and show your name only. However, if you want then you may create new user profile as a local account with administrator permission. In this account
    you may keep the name you want.

For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to...

1. Has Windows 10 2004 removed the option for "Users must enter a user name and password to... - Similar Threads - Has 2004 removed

2. Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...: Hello.Following all the examples online: Went to Registry Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\DeviceSet: DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion REG_DWORD value, change the value data from 2 to 0Rebooted the PCI still do not have the...
  3. Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...: Hello.Following all the examples online: Went to Registry Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\DeviceSet: DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion REG_DWORD value, change the value data from 2 to 0Rebooted the PCI still do not have the...
  4. in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password": I cant remove the administrator password requirement. I have tried "netplwiz" and get the proper screen but there is NO option to uncheck "require PW". Get message that on my Windows 10 to go to control panel but no option there...
  5. in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password": I cant remove the administrator password requirement. I have tried "netplwiz" and get the proper screen but there is NO option to uncheck "require PW". Get message that on my Windows 10 to go to control panel but no option there...
  6. in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" What does this do if i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" What does this do if i...: [ATTACH] What happens if i disable this? I only keep my laptop at home, and i am not worried bout anybody logging on without my permission. But does disabling this setting reset my account or something? I have lots of stuff and my computer and i do NOT want anything...
  8. Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing: I Had this problem with netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' checkbox missing But according to my research, this is an issue for some users only with Build 2004.....thought it was due to a corrupt user profile......so did the suggested...
  9. Can't disable the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" on...: My computers are in a very secure location that only I have access to. I want to disable the requirement for users to enter a user name and password. When I run netplwiz on my main PC I've always disabled the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"...
  10. Enter an admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enter an admin user name and password: The screen already has an "outlook.com" email address for me, then I enter what I believe my password is. Then the screen posts in red print that "the password is incorrect." How can I fix this??...