Windows 10: has windows 10 update changed networking settings

Discus and support has windows 10 update changed networking settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the Dec 2018 Windows update our networking has failed over and over with no obvious problems. Is this common is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonathanWilson4, Jan 17, 2019.

1. has windows 10 update changed networking settings

Since the Dec 2018 Windows update our networking has failed over and over with no obvious problems. Is this common is there a fix?

:)

JonathanWilson4, Jan 17, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Jan 17, 2019
  3. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Jan 17, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

has windows 10 update changed networking settings

AsRock, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

has windows 10 update changed networking settings

1. has windows 10 update changed networking settings - Similar Threads - has update changed

2. Driver update has changed settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver update has changed settings: Hi everyone Yesterday, I got a notification from the AMD Radeon Settings application that my drivers needed updating. So , i followed the instructions , and it downloaded fine.However at the end of the installation, the settings said that it was recommended to restart your...
  3. Has MSN settings changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has MSN settings changed?: For the past 2 months, when starting MSN, I need to log into my MSN email, FaceBook every time? And I customize my MSN home page for just what I want to see, and I have to redo this every time? Has something changed with MSN? Anyone else having this issue? Have yet to get...
  4. Win 10 networking to an XP computer has changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 networking to an XP computer has changed: For many years I've had a successful wired network between 2 Win 10 computers and a XP computer. Everything was working just fine. 2.5 years ago I had a lightening strike take out the XP's network card and I happened to have a Netgear wireless USB that I used instead in my XP...
  5. Networking: DNS Setting changes

Networking: DNS Setting changes: Hello, I have come across something frustrating. Each time I turn on my computer the DNS setting in the "Internet Protocol version 4" changes from (Obtain DNS Server address automatically) to a preferred DNS server, this causes my computer not to have internet so I have...
  6. Windows Updates changes network settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates changes network settings: Finally fed up with having to reset everything after Windows updates. Been a Windows user since 1995, but I've had it. Going to Linux. You guys at Microsoft will start losing market share sooner or later if you keep making people's lives more difficult....
  7. Update has changed keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has changed keyboard settings: The @ key now displays as " and vice versa - looks to have happened following the latest Windows update. Can't seem to change keyboard settings - what should I be doing?...
  8. updates change network and firewall settings

updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...
  9. change network settings per network

change network settings per network: Hello. I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one...
  10. Change or set Active Network

Change or set Active Network: I have googled and checked the forum but I can't seem to see anybody else having this problem. I have a simple network comprising of three PCs on a single router. One PC runs Win7 and acts as a file server to the other two PCs. The two PCs are running Win10 latest...