Windows 10: Hashtags

Discus and support Hashtags in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am new to Twitter and am trying to post a tweet including hashtags. There is no hashtag symbol on my keyboard. When I click on the hashtag symbol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyHand1, Sep 7, 2019.

1. TonyHand1 Win User

Hashtags

I am new to Twitter and am trying to post a tweet including hashtags. There is no hashtag symbol on my keyboard. When I click on the hashtag symbol in the left hand column in twitter then my tweet dialogue box disappears. I have trued using ALT + 3 and SHIFT + 3 but nothing happens. Can anyone help? I also looked at Control Panel in Microsoft 365 but couldn't see anything there about Language options to change to US English. (I'm in the UK). Can anyone help

:)

TonyHand1, Sep 7, 2019

2. Windows won't type hashtag

Hi, lately i've been having some problems with my keyboard, it won't type a hashtag (#) anymore, it worked once, but now it suddenly stopped working. I'm sure the keyboard is configured correctly and the key still works. The only way to type a hashtag is
    by uising alt+35,

Even the windows on screen keyboard won't type a hashtag! I don't know why this happens but I can't fix it, I looked through all the posts but non resolves my issue. Also I can't use some applications that require me to type a hashtag.

Just one last thing: I'm not a native English speaker so i'm not that good at writing.

IanHuysman, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Nickie611 Win User
    My pound sign is a hashtag

Hi, when I press the pound sign it is coming upmas a hashtag. I have read through the other comments on here and i have tried to change the settings to English (united Kingdom) but it is not highlighted on the list so therefore i cant click on it. Please
    could yoi advise. Thank you

Nickie611, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Hashtags

Hashtag at the top of the Win10 Start menu

Hi,

The hashtag in the start menu is provided by Windows if you have a software installed that starts with a number. If there is no software that starts with a number, it will not be available. You can also click the letters that are available and it will also
    prompt you the alphabetical list in the start menu.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Hashtags

1. Hashtags - Similar Threads - Hashtags

2. The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work: Good day!I am on Win 11 and I have a problem, whenever I press the hashtag button and expect the hashtag symbol on my Austrian / German keyboard. Seems very weird, because if I change the keyboard to the bosnian one for example in the Windows settings, I can use the key...
  3. The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work: Good day!I am on Win 11 and I have a problem, whenever I press the hashtag button and expect the hashtag symbol on my Austrian / German keyboard. Seems very weird, because if I change the keyboard to the bosnian one for example in the Windows settings, I can use the key...
  4. Instagram Viewing My Twitter Hashtag Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instagram Viewing My Twitter Hashtag Page: 2022_1021When opening a Twitter hashtag page I made for myself #JaynesWhirled - when I open it in Instagram, the page I see presents differently between Mac and Microsoft products. On an Apple Mac product, I see everything that I have ever posted to that hashtag. On my Office...
  5. Instagram Viewing My Twitter Hashtag Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Instagram Viewing My Twitter Hashtag Page: 2022_1021When opening a Twitter hashtag page I made for myself #JaynesWhirled - when I open it in Instagram, the page I see presents differently between Mac and Microsoft products. On an Apple Mac product, I see everything that I have ever posted to that hashtag. On my Office...
  6. Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout: My issue is with the K345 wireless keyboard. When I press SHIFT+3 I get a sign, not a hashtag. And when I press SHIFT+2 I get a " sigh, not the at symbol. How do I resolve this? 170519
  7. Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout: My issue is with the Logitech K345 wireless keyboard. When I press SHIFT+3 I get a £ sign, not a hashtag. And when I press SHIFT+2 I get a " sigh, not the at symbol. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  8. At and hashtag symbol not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    At and hashtag symbol not working: I cant use my at or hashtag symbol no matter how hard ive tried. Ive tried all the suggestions but nothing works. It is an old laptop i dont know if that might be the problem. Its a probook 4510s with japanese characters on the keyboard. Please help im struggling...