Windows 10: Have 21H1, but no news/weather in taskbar

Discus and support Have 21H1, but no news/weather in taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe I'm crazy and the only person who was looking forward to this new feature... But I have installed the new update (through the windows insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SaccenteKennedy, May 11, 2021.

1. Have 21H1, but no news/weather in taskbar

Maybe I'm crazy and the only person who was looking forward to this new feature... But I have installed the new update (through the windows insider programme), and I don't have the news feed/weather in my task bar. Does anybody have an idea?

submitted by /u/SaccenteKennedy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SaccenteKennedy, May 11, 2021

2. Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 11, 2021
  3. Weather in calendar app

Hi Bogie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps below to change Settings:

• Type Weather in Search bar.
    • Launch Weather app and Go to Settings (Click on Setting Symbol in weather app).
    • Under Settings change the settings to Fahrenheit from
      Celsius.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Method 2:

Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 11, 2021
  4. Have 21H1, but no news/weather in taskbar

MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Have 21H1, but no news/weather in taskbar

1. Have 21H1, but no news/weather in taskbar - Similar Threads - 21H1 news weather

2. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  3. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  4. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar News And Weather

Taskbar News And Weather: Why is the News and Weather available only when the taskbar is at the bottom? I prefer my taskbar being at the top of the screen but it isn't available when set there....
  6. Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar: Windows 10 on PC (OS build 19041.1052 A recent W10 auto-update added a news & weather icon to my Task Bar. It pops-up at inopportune times and obscures whatever I'm working on. The box doesn't have an X to close the popup. So, I've learned to click in the box, and then on the...
  7. News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon: Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-weather-widget-on-taskbar-not-showing/8b3b302d-dc26-4cd9-a8da-d24a7deb6aa7
  8. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  9. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  10. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com