Windows 10: Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018

Discus and support Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems, Win 7 - Win8.1 - Win 10 Pro - and lynx Ubunta, Using Dell UEFI on Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fasteddy711, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018

I Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems, Win 7 - Win8.1 - Win 10 Pro - and lynx Ubunta, Using Dell UEFI on Windows 10 Pro 64bit Machine,

How to boot to each different drive when system is booting up

How to manage this drives UEFI is giving me a hard time ( Well I am not sure what is going on ) . One of the drives is mounted on the mother board ( M.2 SSD )

I have secure boot turned off

Format drives using MBR/GPT ?

Why hasn't engineering design a choice on boot for toggling between different drives ( I do not mean dual boot )

I Hope someone can explain I would be grateful because I am loosing my hair

Thank You

James

:)

Fasteddy711, Jul 18, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Difference between UEFI and BIOS

Strictly, UEFI is not part of BIOS.

The confusion arises because you have to go to a menu system which historically we called the BIOS when it is really the configuration menu for the BIOS, not the actual BIOS itself.

cereberus, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Karol Mos Win User
    SSD firmware on Surface Pro 4 512GB comes of Dell XPS 15

Hi

I've found that my Surface Pro 4 ( i7-16-512 ) has different SSD firmware number than all others

it starts BXV7... instead 5M0Q...

number BXV7... is firmware for Samsung PM951 512GB drives of Dell XPS 15

and OEM for Microsoft Surface sould have number 5M0Q...

Can someone tell me why?

Kind Regards

Karol Mos, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018

Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018

1. Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018 - Similar Threads - different SSD drives

2. 4 monitors with different wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    4 monitors with different wallpaper: Hi I am trying to use 4 different pictures as wallpaper for 4 different monitors using Windows 11. I used to be able to do this and now I can't. Is therea fix for this?...
  3. 4 monitors with different wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 monitors with different wallpaper: Hi I am trying to use 4 different pictures was wallpaper for 4 different monitors using Windows 11. I used to be able to do this and now I can't. Is therea fix for this?...
  4. 4 monitors with different wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4 monitors with different wallpaper: Hi I am trying to use 4 different pictures was wallpaper for 4 different monitors using Windows 11. I used to be able to do this and now I can't. Is therea fix for this?...
  5. Differences in Operating System

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Differences in Operating System: Hi Support,I want to know the differences in operating systemWe are Small Medium Business and whether we can use Windows 10 Home instead of Windows 10 Professional Operating system?What are the differences in Windows 10 Home & Windows 10 professional Operating system.Looking...
  6. Differences in Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Differences in Operating System: Hi Support,I want to know the differences in operating systemWe are Small Medium Business and whether we can use Windows 10 Home instead of Windows 10 Professional Operating system?What are the differences in Windows 10 Home & Windows 10 professional Operating system.Looking...
  7. Differences in Operating System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  9. My Operating Systems Use Different Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Operating Systems Use Different Drive Letters: I reinstalled both of my operating systems, both on separate SSDs. Western Digital Blue, 250GB. What one calls C drive the other calls D drive and vice versa. I don't know if this is a great problem, but there seems no way to change my C drives to D or voce versa....
  10. Difference between UEFI and BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between UEFI and BIOS: I'm confused with terminology and origin of UEFI and BIOS. I only understand benefits of UEFI. Is UEFI part of BIOS? Can PC have both? Are boot modes parts of UEFI or BIOS? Where UEFI is stored on PC? Does OS contains UEFI? Can UEFI be flashed/updated? Two good...