Windows 10: Have a black box with sound controls appearing whenever I play any video including movie...

Discus and support Have a black box with sound controls appearing whenever I play any video including movie... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Black box with sound controls appears and cant be removed. Appears top left of window along with a separate volume control. How do I get rid of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardLieberman1, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Have a black box with sound controls appearing whenever I play any video including movie...

Black box with sound controls appears and cant be removed. Appears top left of window along with a separate volume control. How do I get rid of this nothing I have tried works. Disabled and removed sound driver and re-installed, Deleted the device and re-installed nether worked. Help!

:)

RichardLieberman1, Mar 5, 2020

2. windows 10 sound and video plays on dvd but only video plays on downloaded movies

windows 10, sound and video plays on dvd but only video plays on downloaded movies

JamesHalbert, Mar 5, 2020
  3. No surround sound on purchased movies

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the computer ?

• What is the make and model of the sound card?

• Does the issue occur with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to check the quality of videos downloaded from the app, if the issue occurs only with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app. If the issue doesn't occur in other videos saved on the computer and persists even after download
    the HD movies from the app then I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check.

To do so, please follow the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2

If the issue occurring with both the movies from the app and the videos saved on the computer then I suggest you to go to sound settings and select speaker type as 5.1.

To do so, please follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + X and select control panel.
    • 2. Click on Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.
    • 3. Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click
      Configure.
    • 4. Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your
      speaker configuration, and then click Test. You should hear a
      tone play in each speaker. Click Next, and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.
    • 5. Select 5.1 surround in the option and click on
      OK
    Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

If issue persists,

Method 3

Update the Sound card driver and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Sound card drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.

b. Search for Sound, Video and Game Controllers and expand it.

c. Right click on the soundcard driver and select
    update driver software

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Have a black box with sound controls appearing whenever I play any video including movie...

Avi videos not playing in movie maker

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Does it show any error?

Have you installed the Codecs?

Though Windows Movie maker support AVI format, sometime we still encounter AVI won't play in Windows . If the AVI files are not corrupt, the main reason may be the AVI video codec problem. If the AVI file was encoded with a non-Microsoft codec or with a
    codec not installed on your Windows, you will fail to play this kind of AVI video.

I would suggest you to follow these methods and check.

Method 1:

Run Hardware Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

c. Click hardware and sound and run the
    hardware and device troubleshooter.

I also recommend you to install the latest version of Movie Maker and check the issue.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Have a black box with sound controls appearing whenever I play any video including movie...

1. Have a black box with sound controls appearing whenever I play any video including movie... - Similar Threads - black box sound

2. black box appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  3. black box appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  4. I have a video that whenever I run it, it splits itself. {Movies & TV}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a video that whenever I run it, it splits itself. {Movies & TV}: Like this one, below. I believe it's because of I ran some errands on AMD Radeon Settings, but check below. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-video-that-whenever-i-run-it-it-splits/b9c0cb0b-6d01-478a-8ec5-d6a76c8cd455
  5. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  6. Whenever I watch a video and change the volume along with the sound adjuster a box appears...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I watch a video and change the volume along with the sound adjuster a box appears...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_Valk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j03tts/whenever_i_watch_a_video_and_change_the_volume/
  7. Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?: So After recent updates of windows 2004 there's a new bug of video playing with a blank screen on it , basically we cant see the video that we're playing it's all blank it with a black screen but we can hear the audio and see the captions, the drivers and everything is upto...
  8. Whenever I play any video on browser or video player, the sound bar keeps popping up...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever I play any video on browser or video player, the sound bar keeps popping up...: The sound bar is keep appearing on the top whenever the video is paused or play it keeps appearing and it become so annoying now. I can't even watch a video on youtube or anything. In video player like default or vlc, it skips the video, restart from start and keep the sound...
  9. Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?

Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cfast20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkb263/anyone_else_have_a_mysterious_black_box_appear/
  10. Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think: Whenever I’m playing age of empires 3 with my friends every so often I’ll hear a do do do doo sound with the pitch getting higher and higher each time. Haven’t been to any sketchy websites or downloaded anything sketchy. submitted by /u/Sorcer12 [link] [comments]...