Windows 10: Have a Blackscreen BCD error. Win 10 Boot up

Discus and support Have a Blackscreen BCD error. Win 10 Boot up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When starting from C drive get a black-screen BCD error. When starting from a CD or a recovery thumb drive get a blue screen error. Tried the 3 stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankKrawczel, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Have a Blackscreen BCD error. Win 10 Boot up

When starting from C drive get a black-screen BCD error. When starting from a CD or a recovery thumb drive get a blue screen error. Tried the 3 stop start cycle to get into safe mode for booting. This does not work. system just stops with the fore mentioned errors..

With either thumb drive or CD the computer starts to boot, but then it acts like it switches over to the C:: drive and then stops with the blue screen error. I also tried booting from a network - hooked up to another computer. No luck with that either

System is an older IBM laptop. The drive is an ssd d drive with an odd configuration so it is not easy to swap out.

Any suggestions for repairing the drive.

I have considered reloading windows but I cann't tell computer I want a clean installation.

I believe this is all caused by missing or corrupt drivers. Problem is there is no way to reload drivers. At least no way that I can think of.

So in summary I guess I need a way to get the drive up and running and then make the correct adjustments. It is a nice laptop with a screen that rotates into a tablet. I'd prefer not to just chuck it and start over.

Thanks for any help,

Frank K

:)

FrankKrawczel, Dec 22, 2018
  2. rk3066 Win User

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Have a Blackscreen BCD error. Win 10 Boot up

Error: File\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD. Error Code: 0xc0000185 on Windows 10

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Have a Blackscreen BCD error. Win 10 Boot up

1. Have a Blackscreen BCD error. Win 10 Boot up - Similar Threads - Blackscreen BCD error

2. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????: So, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. Worked Fine, Then this started happening. once every few weeks or so. Recovery screen. I reboot into UEFI, Exit And It Boots Up Fine. I Know This Is Not Malaware As This A Fresh Install With Only Chrome And Discord On It. What Is Causing This? It Just,...
  3. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????: So, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. Worked Fine, Then this started happening. once every few weeks or so. Recovery screen. I reboot into UEFI, Exit And It Boots Up Fine. I Know This Is Not Malaware As This A Fresh Install With Only Chrome And Discord On It. What Is Causing This? It Just,...
  4. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f: Suddenly my laptop start getting slow and on the second day start showing blue screen with this code:RecoveryFile:\Boot\BCDError code : 0x000000fI ran boot rec /rebuilkdbcd but it did not solve the problem. system restore is not working as well.Please help me...
  6. BCD file Error on start up

BCD file Error on start up: Hello, Since last Saturday, I have started to experience the error code: "0xc0000098 Missing file: /bcd" which prevents my laptop from booting up. I have seen the thread here:...
  7. Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

Windows 10 boot error code /BCD: I had windows installed on an SSD but needed more storage room so installed a 3tb Mechanical hard drive. I set the boot to the SSD still as theres no OS on the hard drive. I then saw the error when i try and boot....
  8. Surface Go BCD error on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Go BCD error on boot: I have got a Surface Go from a friend of mine. According to him one day he tried to boot into windows after and update and got a blue screen with an error message. Because he is not very experienced with computers, he asked me to have a look at it. I was not really...
  9. Boot problems - BCD Win 10

Boot problems - BCD Win 10: Hello everyone, thank you in advance for reading: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre which came with Win10 installed on an SSD, with a HDD for documents. At some far removed time in the past, I started getting the following error: Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  10. BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10

BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10: Dear Sir, My PC has Windows 10. When I boot, only mouse pointer appears on blank screen. I tried to use Windows 10 installation USB drive to repair but the following error appears. Pl help. [ATTACH]...